Or a decaying high-% slow (e.g., 70%, fading linearly over 7 seconds, thereby averaging 35% but feeling far more potent).

Heck, let it strike all nearby enemies so it actually has some value in PvE.

It should be a 5yd AoE from the point you leap from, root all targets in range for 2 seconds, then 40% snare the targets for 4 seconds or until they move more than 10yd.

2 Likes

It would be cool to see it go back to the disengage web from before (but obviously shadow chainsy). That also fits with MM and BM being ranged and sv being melee. Maybe to avoid having too many roots get rid of steel trap and replace it with something more interesting?

2 Likes

Or just don’t, Hunter isn’t OP with roots/etc as is, other classes have plenty of ways to close gaps or break/dodge traps, and other classes will be getting useful things (likely including some CC) in their hero talent trees as well.

1 Like

Just change Dark Chains to give an extra charge of Disengage. It would help in so many ways.

PvE: Hunters are often chosen to do mechanics, so the ability to jump from mechanic to mechanic would help.

PvP: Disengage used to be a great defensive way to distance yourself from the enemy. Then they gave so many classes quick ways to close that gap - even giving multiple charges of those gap closers. Having an additional charge of Disengage would be helpful.

5 Likes

personally i think the hero talents does not really fit either mm or bm nor the idea of a dark ranger. i think it’s too spammy, especially considering how often barbed shot and aimed shot already reset during combat. i think it should be more about controlling your enemy. i really like the disengage slow. I hope the effect looks cool. i also don’t like the idea of firing many dark arrows, because mm already has the legacy of the windrunners passive that fires 4 wind arrows. considering the dark arrows appear when aimed shot resets, and wind shot arrows come when you use aimed shot, it’d basically be a never ending barrage of arrows. i think that’s too much visual clutter. i’m a bit hypocritical though because i love the dark hound node. i hope it’s like the vombata charge trinket, that animation was perfect.

tl;dr i think it’d be more interesting to have control, movement/stealth, utility modifiers rather than spamming aimed/barbed shot. it’s already quite spammy and we don’t need more.

edit: i came up with some ideas some ideas i have for the talents could be something that let’s you stalk the enemy. maybe after you break camoflouge it becomes a stance where you are semi-stealthed and can only be seen and/or targeted from a certain range. another idea is feign death you actually die and your soul pops out for a few seconds and you can attack weaker, then it goes back to your body and you are revived. i wish you would bring back the old glaives ability, it was so beautiful and fun to use. another idea is that if you hit two enemies in succession (maybe once with black arrow then whatever ability after that) they become chained together and that has some slow or binding or damage sharing effect. im casual so i dont know if these things are fair or not.

Disengage needs like 2 seconds of freedom after its used imo baked in

I’d rather a second charge and let MM use Master’s Call to summon a temporary Cunning pet from the stable without dropping Lone Wolf.

1 Like

Aye, or have Lone Wolf fade over 30s but come back over, say, 10s, and have Master’s Call, Primal Rage, and Ferocity of the Bear summon the first among your 1-5 Call-able Pets of the given type and make your next Dismiss Pet oGCD.

• Primal Rage should be replaced regardless, with Lust/Hero/Warp becoming a baseline ability.
  • Dismiss Pet should probably also be oGCD regardless, but with the pet merely going ‘away’ (untargetable, not positioned on field) with health, buffs, and debuffs stored and continuing to progress, rather than the unit being destroyed and a new one (or new iteration) created later upon summoning a new pet. Even if there were a degree of delay to this oGCD dismissal, Lone Wolf would regain full effect upon starting Dismiss Pet.
2 Likes

When they added Lone Wolf, many of us assumed they would find a way to still include pet abilities. Alas, that was too much to hope for.

It could have been as simple as how Animal Companion works, where the first pet in your stable is your second pet. With Lone Wolf, you get the abilities of whatever pet is in your first pet spot. That way, you’d still have to manually summon another pet to use multiple pet abilities.

Solo shuffle wise a second charge of disengage without freedom is just useless though, disengage by itself does nothing not when melee have 2/3 gapclosers and you only have 1 small disengage that normally goes like a couple of meters. You are instantly ranged slowed or range stuned etc, without a freedom it doesnt matter.

most pvpers hunters use pets they dont run lone wolf so it wouldnt really do anything making it baseline or would have the same effect as it does now where hunter just gets flattened into the ground which is why there are like 2 hunters in the top 100 atm.

Hunters atm basically cannot kite melee its impossible to kite a good melee. Even the pros just use ice trap on the dps and kill healer atm because you just cant kite melee. An extra charge on disengage is better than nothing but wont solve it imo.

3 Likes

That’s what Master’s Call is for.

In my opinion, two charges of Disengage would have many more uses than a couple seconds of freedom. Especially since Disengage can already remove existing snares/roots.

2 Likes

I’d strongly prefer if hero talents weren’t focused around pvp. It’s already screwed up balance and gameplay enough without ruining any hero talents too.

If you need something for pvp instead just ask for another pvp talent and put it there instead.

8 Likes

They actually did, the first version of lone wolf in WOD was 30% damage and you brought the last dismissed pet buff, as they reworked pets an removed raid buffs off pets. they just never bothered to fix lonewolf.

4 Likes

Instead of making Black Arrow a new ability, they should make Serpent Sting baseline for Hunters, and then Dark Ranger turns Serpent Sting into Black Arrow. Now whatever talents they have for Serpent Sting apply to Black Arrow and the new passives.

Of course, this requires reworking our Class Tree and Spec Trees, which we are long overdue for.

12 Likes

Right? For the life of me I do not understand why Lone Wolf isn’t just a copy and paste of Grimoire of Sacrifice. The ability to go petless for more power while still retaining the pet special ability literally already exists, just not for hunters.

8 Likes

Tree suggestions:
Swap secondary effect of Black Arrow of Aimedshot/Barbed Shot resets with Killshot procs
for Death Shade. Think that would give more value and prevent likely overcap on Aimed/Barbed Shot charges.

Also there should be a choice node in this tree, integrating A Murder of Crows and/or Wailing Arrow(already does shadow dmg) talents with the BM/MM kit as those spells fit the Dark Ranger theme well.

You know what, just give us back Flayed Shot from Shadowlands and call it Black Arrow, easy.

3 Likes

That would have even less AoE value and just as much bloat and sluggishness.

That was the truest Barrowed RSV experience a MM could get then. Too bad you had to sacrifice the meta PvE covenants for it.

I suppose not everyone enjoyed the taste of Razor Frag FROMAGE dammagge.