Feedback appreciated - missing mythic loot

Got a ticket out about this already but just wanted to see if anyone else has run into this issue since season 4 started.

So I did a couple of M0’s, first run of the week (so no lockout), and I ended up winning a staff from one dungeon (Uldaman), and a dagger from another (Neltharus). Except - despite the in-game notification "You receive ‘item x’ ", neither item actually showed up in my bags or mailbox. Did the usual troubleshooting - reload, logging out, closing game client. No change - both items are MIA. I’ve done other mythics today without any issue - loot I won I also got. No clue whats going on - definitely a new problem for me.

EDIT: add bracers from Nokhud to that list. RNJeebus is NOT smiling on me today…
EDIT #2: and shoulders from AV. Seems its just not giving me ANY mythic loot at all anymore - also missing a Training Matrix now. The crests I understand because of the cap, but does that apply to items as well?

Are you sure you’re not using an addon that is displaying other people’s loot - not yours?

Check the chat log, did it declare you won / looted it? If so, take a screenshot and open a ticket.

And regarding missing the loot, I think it gets sent to you via mail if you miss it.

Yeah, I checked the chat log every single time - always got the notification I “won” the item, but there’s no item in my bags (not using any loot addons either). As far as mail goes, I know I’m supposed to receive any item I didn’t get/pick up in dungeon (except currencies and so on, of course). Still nothing…

Didn’t think to take screenshots, but as I said, I already have the ticket opened, just wanted to know if anyone else has run into this issue too…

1 Like

Were your bags full? Did you actually loot the boss? Have you checked the mail?

I did 8/8 and I had 0 issues getting my loot

Bags weren’t full - and yes, I did actually loot bosses (pretty sure that’s what triggers the notification for "You receive/won ‘item x’ " or whatever the phrase is). Just checked mail again - still nothing. But, on a more positive note, already have an answer to my ticket - they needed more info and are going to look into it. Not the worst thing in the world if I had to wait another week to try again, more annoying than anything - I too did 8/8, and I think loot wasn’t an issue for the first 2-3 dungeons, but after that… I only noticed because someone wanted the staff that dropped for me, and I was going to give it to them because I didn’t need it. Except I didn’t find it in my bags - and any Mythic boss loot I got after that was also MIA. Guess we’ll see what happens with the ticket :woman_shrugging:

Screenshots aren’t necessary. They won’t take them into consideration. Only their own logs.

Good to know - but apparently whoever is/was working on my ticket completely missed my point (with or without screenshots). Explained to them just like I did here, and the GM that answered it referenced one particular item which was not one of the ones in question and then referenced “Vanilla” and reputation?

So confused rn - answered back and explained again it wasn’t just one item, but several, from different Mythic runs, different bosses, and different groups (with my toon being the only common denominator) from the CURRENT retail Wow Expansion. I mean, misunderstandings can happen, and I also know GMs are limited in what they can do, but if this is going to be an ongoing issue then we have a serious problem.

Fairly sure its nothing wrong on my end - not getting game errors or addon errors (use Bug Sack for that), and I think I’m doing everything I’m supposed to do (kill boss, loot it, done - or… not). Not skipping looting at all - so not sure what else I can do different or whether this will keep happening. As I said before, I did 8/8 Mythics yesterday, and the first couple were fine, got a few items from them, but then everything just broke… If this happens again after Tuesday, might as well delete the toon and call it a day because progression of any kind on it is going to be impossible. I’ll do the bug report, sure, but at this point I’m not holding out much hope for any kind of solution…

My suggestion is going to be start with the usual suspects:

1. Exit game, delete cache folder
  2. Do a full UI reset, then run a dungeon without addons.
1 Like

Yeah that’d be my next step - except I’ll have to wait for the next reset (with the M0 lockout). Wouldn’t delete the toon without at least trying that…

Realistically though, in all the years I’ve played WoW (since just before LK), I have never encountered or even heard of an addon causing loot … rejection? Without any errors no less… almost starting to think the items are there but I just can’t “see” them. Which would make sense, sort of, if that’s what GMs are seeing when checking logs - the game would track I have the item even if I don’t. As I said, I’ll try your suggestion after the reset and I guess we’ll see what happens.

Sigh… I don’t even mind missing out on the items - I mean, stuff happens, I’ll live… but if its the same thing again next week… ugh. Just ugh.

Awhile ago I had requested my data from Blizz, and the information you get is quite extensive, down to every chat you had in game. I don’t know if it will have the information you are looking for, but it had a lot of information.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/1327/1343/solution

Definitely going to bookmark that because you never know when you might need to look into game data and so on…

Although, I do have a bit of news - I think I figured out what was wrong. As much as it pains me to admit it, it seems it actually was an addon, just not one I’d ever have expected. Of all the things, it seems it is/was my BAG addon (Bagnon) that was causing the problem. Figured that out when I went to check my banker to get AH items and nothing was showing up even though I opened and “looted” stuff. So I guess my random crazy thought of stuff being there but I just couldn’t see it was right. I mean, I’m pretty used to seeing random LUA errors and things like that shortly after patch days, and that usually gives a pretty good clue about something being wrong - but nothing like that happened this time. Even so, seems that’s what it was - disabled addon, and there everything I was missing just showed up. Crisis averted!

3 Likes

One reason I do not, and have never, used an addon.

oh I get that - really. But on the other hand, I just can’t stand the standard bag interface. Hence the addon… which now seems to be working again, after deleting and reinstalling it.