lmfao same, shines of bastion!

Thats the one! Good luck next week!

Done

However, I already had a lot of progress because I collect mount as my main gameplay, I still think of the players that would like to complete this achievement and only used 1 -2 covenants or they never used the ember court , abomination factory…etc on their characters until now, I prefer this kind of goals without any RNG element and enough time.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Blizzards fascination with limited time offer content is aggravating to say the least. more content seems to be removed than added.

5 Likes

Congrats! I’m trying my best to get this.

1 Like

Some outdoor content journeys are always in the game and those are reflected via some cosmetics, like the Nazjatar meta achievement:

Or other meta achievements that are part of “Back from beyond”.

The problem with this achievement isn’t only the RNG element from abomination factory but the implementation, Everyone knows that KSM, CE goes away once the next patch / expansion launch or that the Heroic mount from the last boss of the expansion goes away with the next expansion launch, every mount from mythic changes from 100% to 1%; however, Players didn’t have a clue that a world content achievement will receive this kind of treatment until it was too late for some players, even worse when the content was split into 4 covenants and their respective buildings and features.

If we’re going to have a similar achievement on DF, it should be announced with a proper amount of time, it should be a goal for any player to target. I got luck that a lot of the requirements were related to mount rewards, but I don’t want to check every achievement on DF thinking if that will be required for a limited time achievement later, so I must do that achievement now. Some players have a different pace to approach goals.

5 Likes

I agree it could have been announced sooner, but let’s not forget there was a real possibility of the ripcord not being pulled and SL turning out entirely differently, including what this achievement would even mean in that kind of world. If they have a clear idea of what they want the achievement to be, I think getting details out sooner can be an improvement point for sure.

1 Like

The achievement isn’t even searchable in game. I found out about it on WoW head. That’s not right.

6 Likes

You’re right, Blizzard just left a lot of things to external sources like WoWhead, instead of doing a proper announcement and tracking in game.

this achievement is a feat of strength but you can’t track it without using a macro :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

That’s my concern, the reward devs don’t plan ahead and it feels like they don’t take in consideation all the possible scenarios, like a world content player that only uses 1 covenant the whole expansion because that player roleplays as a NF or a pvp player that only used the BIS covenant but now that player wants this FoS and that player must farm anima, souls, wait for building upgrades, do covenant features that are weekly like ember court, abomination dailies…etc against time.

That’s why at this point this FoS shouldn’t be removed, I prefer less removed content that more seasonal, just let that player take those journeys at their own pace; however, if Devs want to continue with the FOMO approach, it should have an appropiate amount of time for every player.

2 Likes

By your definition 2-3 months before a expansion for a single achievement is last minute.

The last quest a lot of people need now has not been up in 5 weeks. shines of bastion is the last one a lot of people here need now.

3 Likes

Yeah I found out when they announced it was going away haha. I had a lot of it done, sans a few small things. Abom Lives being one of them lol

Yeah I am pretty much done except for a few stitchyard accessories which I can craft at any time, Ember Court (on track to finish it on time), and freaking Abominable Lives, missing Shinies of Bastion and one other quest.

2 Likes

Has there been any response from Blizz that they’ve even taken notice of these concerns or this post? I sadly just found out about this achievement today from WoWhead like many others here and I don’t even know if it’s worth trying to grind out at this point. Comments on “Be Our Guest” and “Abominable Lives” make it seem like there’s no time now.

1 Like

Sadly nothing. Took a peek on ptr and prepatch notes but nothing. We can only hope we don’t get cucked by RNG on this weeks :frowning:

1 Like

Good news friends! If you’re waiting for the Quest “Shinies of Bastion” from Chordy, it’s up! It’s been WEEKS. Go get it!

4 Likes

So that’s what the 8 hour maintenance was.

1 Like

Lmao … maybe.

Pretty frustrating I have to wait a whole another week and hope the quest I need “Grinder” from Guillotine is up and it’s the last quest I need for Abominable Lives achievement, which is the last I need for Things To Do When You’re Dead, which is the last I need for Shadowlands Dilettante, which is the last I need for Back From Beyond. I just wanted my Veilstrider title and to be done with this achievement, but just stuck because of an arbitrary RNG quest achievement. Even if it’s up next week, I really hope they change it before the November 28th because it’s pretty ridiculous that if you haven’t been doing this achievement for 6-9 weeks you can just straight up get screwed by RNG.

4 Likes

All I’m missing now are three:

• Asset Extraction
  • Grinder
  • Baker’s Dozen

I really hope I can pull this off. :neutral_face: