Feed Pet goes away instantly

I have the boar from the level 6 Durotar area. I am now level 32 and my pet is level 32. I’ve had him the entire time and have never noticed this. Pet is currently Loyalty Level 6, but is unhappy because I ran through a few deaths and then had to log out. I am currently in Shimmering Flats. I logged back in, attacked 1 mob and realized he’s unhappy. I clicked on him, so I could watch the feed pet buff and make sure it goes the full duration before feeding him again. As soon as I feed him, the buff turns on and then nearly immediately goes away. I am not in combat. It has been a while since I’ve been in combat. I can’t get him back happy now. Seems like a bug.

Edit: tried to feed him Stringy Vulture meat and some sort of cheese. Wil try more.

Edit #2: Walked away for a couple min, came back, fed him the same thing and it seems to work now? He went from unhappy to happy with 2 stringy vulture meats.

It is my perception that the type of food may be the issue. As pets level up, one needs a higher ‘level’ of food to keep them happy.

1 Like

I agree. The buff is supposed to last 18 seconds though. Mine lasted 1 second and then went away, which is why it felt like a bug. I don’t care if I feed him a level 1 food 18 times. The buff is 18 seconds and should last the entire 18 seconds regardless.

But if the food is not effective for the pet, I wouldn’t think the ‘digestion buff’ would do anything but appear, because the pet was just fed, then disappear immediately because the food didn’t work.

I updated original comment as well, but shortly after this post, I walked away for a min, came back, fed him the same thing and it worked fine. Took 2 of them to go from unhappy to happy. So the food was fine, was definitely some sort of bug.

Thanks for posting. I’ll keep that in mind for my hunter.

Pet probably had a dot/bleed effect on him. A tick of damage breaks the feeding, like first aid.

1 Like

Also, telling your pet to attack will stop the feeding of your pet.

1 Like