Feathered Wings Option for Dracathyr

Feathered Wings, Feather-like scales, a feathered tail, yall get the point… feathers.

Opinions?

5 Likes

Feathery dragons? Wild.

Unrelated: i appreciate the contrast between your skin tone and armor. :hushed:

2 Likes

I mean, they exist in Ardenweald.

But they can also be tamed by hunters, so they aren’t sapient dragons, so not sure why Dracthyr would have that. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

What about like Fur?

Maybe a toupee

only feathered dragons of Warcraft are the ones from Ardenweald sooooooooo . . . yea don’t see that happening honestly. Though those dragons AGE becoming tameable soon so that could work for ya.

I’d like them to keep the feathered motif open for arrakoa personally.

but I do admit, some quetzalcoatl customization does sound appealing.

2 Likes

5 Likes

ah sod I forgot about that . . . still, thats a proto drake, none of the dragons or dracthyr we have seen have feathered wings . . . not saying it wouldn’t be neat, could make a dracthyr that looks like the pyroraptor from JWD which WOULD be kinda sick . . .

hey maybe its like jungle troll druids that don’t like birds or somethin I don’t know . . .

1 Like

But a powerful sentient proto drake and the dragons were originally proto drakes. Sounds like a good enough reason to me!

honestly? Seems more like an elemental air kinda thing for them . . . besides, again, how many DRAGONS have we seen with feathers? not Ardenweald dragons, not proto drakes, but flight based dragons? What have they all been hidden on the dragon isles until now? Is this like the troll druids? They’ve always been here but were hiding in plain sight? . . . are they secretly the ducks?!?!

eyes ducks with caution

The new dragon riding mounts have both fur and feather options, so it is not impossible.

2 Likes

can’t dracthyr be white, pink, and purple?

not sure I’ve seen too many dragons from the 5 flights that are those colors.

I don’t think blizz is limiting themselves to the 5 flights when it comes to customization.

I mean… birds are still reptiles.

Sort of… they evolved very directly from them.

That’s fair. I still think it would be cool, though. Of course, Dracthyr can’t even fly, so that might just be pouring more salt in the wound. lol

. . . everyone forgets the poor storm drakes of Stormheim . . .

pets Valarjar Stormwing

There there . . . I will never forget you . . .

maybe an unlocked customization down the line perhaps?

1 Like

but they’re not one of the major flights, the dracthyr are supposed to be based on the major flights aren’t they?

true . . . more upset they don’t seem to be playing a part at all this expansion . . . what the fel Blizz . . .

I don’t know maybe its something that happens when you mix dragon flight essence together, ya know like the pinkish reds and such of the chromatic flight or that one albino drake mount

have they even properly explained where the storm drakes came from and their connection to the other dragons?

on a more joke-y but still serious request note, where’s my faerie dragon customization?

No, they have not . . . sad . . .

Also its over there by the Dance Studio.

1 Like

I would love to make one based off these

LOOK AT THIS BABY. I WANT ONE