Fear of getting banned for no reason

Yeah I completely feel you OP, I have been playing for over 12 years and never have the forms been so quick to ban someone. These days, esp for someone my age, as I am not a Millennial, there are a lot of posts that I disagree with, the things that seem normal to that generation seem absurd or disgusting or completely inappropriate to me. However, I feel like voicing this opinion will result in a ban no matter how politely I phrase it.

4 Likes

This is an interesting one.

Blizzard doesn’t exactly ban casually so if it happened then you probably deserved it.

Like the last time I heard about someone getting banned it was someone who got the boot from a 30 tank nzoth run for calling everyone else a nagger because they wouldn’t reset the boss he missed out on because he was taking a 20 minute smoke.

3 Likes

No.

I have no fear of being banned. I’ve never had a fear of being banned (though I was once, but appealed, and I’m forever off the “Level 3” list on the boards).

But, no, no fear.

Let’s examine the consequences of getting banned.

I can’t play.

To quote Gene Wilder from Willy Wonka “Don’t. Stop. Come back.”

That said, I’m not out there trying to test the limits of, well, anything.

3 Likes

I mean, fun is subjective? I’d much rather keep my account that I’ve put money into.

I mean, I guess? Juvenile fun is still fun, I suppose.

If your have a feeling or a fear that something you want to do may get you banned, that is your inner monologue telling you not to be a douche.

2 Likes

Those in control are very wishy washy however, you will absolutely 100% never have anything to fear if you 1) are a “yes” man for the company and defend every action they make, even the ones that most see as asinine 2) worship streamers and never EVER speak ill about them and 3) parrot others like yourself.

I know all that sounds bad or rude when you say it out loud. It’s not mean to sound bad but it’s true.

Plan? I can see why Blizzard might find that offensive.

I wish it were that simple.

If you follow forum policy you have no fear, and will be good. Alot of folks tend to skip reading it and get shocked why they’ve been flagged, suspended or banned.

I tend to bypass anything involving politics it always turns into a warmode thread. I trend carefully on some topics, because people get triggered easily.

Just peruse the wow subreddit. Lots of examples of how people got banned on there. Some for insanely innocuous reasons. I remember one guy got banned for joking in trade chat (using sarcasm). Alas, the GM didn’t see it that way.

Not really, because I can’t see a situation in which you would be banned for no reason. You’d really have to do something worthy of being banned in order to actually be banned, and those things are fairly obviously highlighted.

1 Like

Do people actually have this fear? If you don’t do anything wrong, you won’t get banned. If you are afraid of getting banned, it is likely because there is a reason to why you could possibly be banned, thus there is a reason. Its as simple as that.

That’s unfortunately not 100% correct. You can still follow the policy and still be suspended/banned. This is largely due to the fact that the code of conduct is written strategically vague. Terms like “non-constructive” which encompass over 90% of all comments made on this forum.

1 Like

No, I’ve never been afraid of getting banned for no reason. I got that see through pigeon exotic hunter pet and wanted to name it “Pooper”, but the profanity filter wouldn’t let me. That’s how I roll.

You first.

Nah. I’ve only ever been suspended once, and its when I was way younger and was being a d-bag.

It’s actually pretty hard to get suspended unless you choose to be deliberately incendiary/abrasive.

You have to do quite a bit to earn a ban. So no.

Are you confusing suspension with ban OP? Even then, no because it still takes quite a bit to get suspended.

Never been banned from the game. I have had forum vacations before however.

1 Like

Interesting