Favorite TV show themes

It was only for 3 episodes, but this is the most clever use of a villain hijacking an intro.

1 Like

Evangelion was my favorite cartoon ever when I was growing up, even if until this day I can still barely understand it.

But I can relate to a lot of the themes on that list.

The best theme of the comedy series ever made.

I was going to make my own topic regarding this very topic as a “spin-off” to the Top Anime Intros thread. As I was making it, this thread popped up suggesting that there was already a topic about it. I’m going to pull some of the ones from the “Top Anime Intros” thread (that don’t really fall under that category, IMO) and bring them here. Along with linking the sources of already suggested shows. Then, I’ll suggest newer ones that nobody has said between the two threads.

I up this with a Gargoyles Theme Song without the Narration. Yes, I prefer the theme song without the narration, sorry :heart:

Crediting this person for saying it, first, but they never linked it, so I will: Link to one of the iterations of it.

Link to all S1-S7 Seasons

Link to one of the iterations of it

Link to the Intro

My own contributions (and can’t believe they haven’t been mentioned yet, in either thread :sob: ):

I can understand why these weren’t mentioned 'cause these are more of my preferences :laughing:

That’s all I got, so far.

3 Likes

There are so many which I loved the theme song but not the show. Most of which are from the late 20th century. These are in no particular order.

CARTOONS

1. Thundercats
  2. He-Man and The Masters of the Universe
  3. The Flintstone Comedy Hour
  4. Scooby’s All-Star Laff-A-Lympics
  5. The Transformers
  6. Ducktales
  7. M.A.S.K.
  8. Denver, The Last Dinosaur
  9. Mighty Orbots
  10. X-Men

LIVE ACTION

1. Cheers
  2. Happy Days
  3. CHiP’s
  4. The Love Boat
  5. Charlie’s Angels
  6. Hawaii Five-O
  7. The Big Bang Theory
  8. Beverly Hills 90210
  9. MacGyver
  10. The Addam’s Family

While there are plenty more, those were the first ones to come to mind

4 Likes

Obviously with this character I have to throw in some love for the Mama’s Family theme:

And, since the Cheers theme was posted in the second post from '19 in this thread, I want to give a shout out to two of Gary Portnoy’s other great themes:
1.) Mr. Belvedere/“According to Our New Arrival” (probably my favorite TV theme):
a.) original aired version sung by the late, great Leon Redbone:

b.) The full version of the song from Gary Portnoy:

2.) Punky Brewster

I’ll also throw in plugs for Perfect Strangers (my 2nd favorite theme)

and Dear John

3 Likes

Exactly how I feel about most (not all) of mine :laughing:

Agree.

Just thought of another one:

3 Likes

And speaking of this, as much as I love OG Charmed and not Reboot, I’m not super hyped by its theme. Thank goodness for fan made videos. What if OG Charmed and not Reboot was…

2 Likes

Some theme songs have outlived the show itself. I know a few people who like these songs, yet had no clue it came from a TV show.
Cheers
Greatest American Hero
Peanuts happy song

Quark’s (Cheers)

2 Likes

Can’t believe I forgot all about the Aladdin TV Series Intro. Probably because it’s NOT on Disney+, but it should be. Both the Little Mermaid and the Hercules TV series are but not Aladdin? Make it happen Disney!

Seriously? Nobody’s mentioned this yet?

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Two of my favorite 80’s shows. :smiley:

2 Likes

Game of Thrones!

Family Guy!

2 Likes

It’s been mentioned by this person:

They just didn’t link to it.