Favorite Toy/Item for RP

What’s your favorite toy, pet or item to use for RP?

Mine is the Inky Black Potion. I love using that out in the world - it makes everything so much cooler. I feel like it’s under-utilized.

3 Likes

Death’s Door Charm, for what is hopefully obvious reasons.

2 Likes

Probably the biggest of all is the Elixir of Tongues. Most of my RP of late has been crossfaction (which has its pros and cons. I really miss Sarestha :sob: ) but it’s been great to try out that neutral space, and the potions really help on that front. Doing so much late night RP in Dalaran of late!

But also, Mark of the Ashtongue and Reflecting Prism. Through this method I have been able to RP a Krokul Shaman since Legion. I don’t play him as much as I like, since most of my old ally guild from the Legion days are now on MG and RP at different hours than me but Elder Sage Karaaldos is one of my absolute faves!

1 Like

Depends on the character but I do love a few of them so much.

• Panflute of Pandaria is great
  • The harps from Shadowlands for my druid who is a Kul Tiran Poet and musician
  • The Heartsbane Grimoire is amazing and can be used while dead
  • Coin of Many Faces and Faded Wizard’s hat for rogues putting on disguises
  • Perpetual Purple Firework for the short CD and playing zany Goblins
  • Gnarlwood Waveboard for surfing
  • Ogre costumes for Ogre’ing
1 Like

Magical Pet Mirror for RP’ing a whelp.

1 Like

My favourite would probably be Black Ice. I tend to wear it on my hoity-toity characters because it makes 'em feel fancy.

Though there’s an honourable mention for the Crab Shank. I spent most of BFA as a goblin hunter and my pet crab carried that big ol’ knife everywhere we went. It was adorable in a murdery kind of way.

1 Like

Potion of Frozen Fatality. Nothing better than having a Feign Death button for everybody. As a vulpera, it’s great for comedic moments. A quest in Thal even uses this same thing to comedic effect- the vulpera musician, enjoyed by a bronze dragon who loves a composition he hasn’t made just yet. He flops over while emitting hearts, and it’s adorable. :dracthyr_heart:

Personally, I think Blizzard should just allow us to make our own RP macros. Couldn’t hurt. Knowing how their spell lists are setup internally, it would be a nightmare to make a player-facing version that wasn’t a stupid mess but god it would be so worth it…

2 Likes

I mean…cause of who we are as a guild. Definitely those new Tent Toys. Infinite uptime on setting up portable Caravan RP anywhere in the world that allows them (mostly everywhere) is an incredible feature to enhance my guild and our Roleplay.

I also use the Ethereal Portal Hearthstone Toy as well combined with summoning my Ethereal Soul Trader Battle Pet when I want to have any of my alts that have relationships with my Ethereal character to RP both characters in the same scene at the same time is a great combo for my personal RP as well.

2 Likes

Norman accidentally sets himself on fire. A lot.

2 Likes

My Airborne Priest goblin girl loves her Aspirant’s Stretcher.
But overall my favorites will always be the Crashin’ Thrashin’ toys. It’s just nice to pop them down and have some people join in the mini toy rumble carnage.

EDIT: Also the hearthstone changers/modifiers. Those have become my most recent target of obsession in acquisition.

Mine is The Great Horned pet. Her name is Sojourn. The backstory and adventures of a few of my characters is observed through her eyes.