Favorite RP Character Types

Hello everyone! I was just wondering if you guys had a favorite type of character that catches your interest or you tend to gravitate towards. Do you enjoy being on the lawful side or more towards the chaotic? Is the hero your calling, or do you plan to undermine the safety of everyone as a villain? Are your favorite characters introverts of extroverts? There are so many questions that can be associated with the theme and I’d love to hear what you guys have to say!

I look for someone interesting above all else. Not interesting in the “one-trick pony” sense, like a funny accent or a weird quirk, but interesting in the sense that I’ve read their TRP, and something in their story has piqued my interest and gotten me saying, “I want to know more about this person”.

I have no specific sort of person I’m looking for, because interesting people fall on all sides of the spectrum!

I tend to gravitate towards making and hanging around other characters who are kind of middle ground as far as power and epic-ness for lack of a better term. Like an acolyte climbing the ranks is more interesting to me than an all-powerful high priestess.

People who push the boundaries of their faction/class/culture fascinate me as well, like my friend plays an undead who doesn’t particularly like the horde but finds no acceptance from the alliance who judge him on sight simply for being raised to undeath (which he had no say in). I have a worgen druid who never wanted to be a worgen OR a druid and spends 99.9% of the time in human form attempting to hide the reality of what she is.

I tend to gravatate towards characters who are more down to earth than anything grand or fantastical. Even when it comes to the Hero Classes like DKs and DHs. Having someone just Be A Person and not the leader of their own druidic sect makes it easier for them to be walked up on or otherwise interacted with if they’re A Druid or A Warlock vs An Archdruid or The Netherlord

Someone who some like Grand High Master whatever is off putting to me since it makes me hard to walk up to them, what could my characters possibly tell them that they don’t already know? But having a character that’s just A Dude Trying His Best is honestly more compelling to me.

You’re competent, but you’re not the Hero of the Factions you know? You have your skills and they might not even be combat related, in fact I almost prefer to try to walk up to characters who combat isn’t one of their focuses.

I absolutely love the trouble-makers and the comedians. Most of my own personal RP is light-hearted, but there is a deeper side of me that is drawn to explore the darker side of RP.

1 Like

I MYSELF ENJOY THE HALF CRAB PEOPLE THAT MY CORAL COVERED SYMBIOTE HAS INSPIRED AROUND TOWN.
#messageunclear #dontdredgeuparmorfromthesea

That makes sense for sure and I admit, more factors play when it comes to whether or not a character peaks your interest. Is the story something that gravitates towards you? The themes? Maybe it might just be curiosity that drives you to learn more. Whatever it may be, it might be multiple components that interact with one another that drives you to make a connection with another person, which in return, sends you and them on a journey!

This makes a lot of sense as well. Progression is something that makes a character interesting and something that allows for character development. I can see how being at the peak of everything can become rather stale since there is nothing to strive for at a specific point. It’s the journey that makes a story and if there is no journey, then there is a limited amount of story you can tell.

In regards to boundaries, I myself find those who are different generally grab my interest. The ones that are non-conventional but also function within the environment which is provided by the world. You can find rather unique concepts and characters this way.

It’s all about the journey when it comes to things I find. When you get to a specific peak, there is a ceiling where you can’t go beyond what you’re at unless it’s a different direction. I won’t deny that I have found some interesting DKs and DHs around, but I think a big part of it is that there is personality and an ability to learn. I’d actually be very interested to see someone like a Grand High Marshall character pull that off. A high-ranked member that actually goes a different direction. Hero to zero. Just a thought on my end, but that’s just me.

I can can connect to this a lot. I’ve done my own rounds of trouble before and it is definitely fun when everyone communicates with one another to ensure that it’s a decent rp environment. I’ve been fortunate as I’ve never had issues, though I’ve seen some that weren’t so fortunate.

Also a far as light and dark rp, I’ve done both and both have their audience and place. It all about who you’re doing it and if you feel like doing. If you want to explore more dark rp, then my recommendation is find a group of like-minded people and go from there. RP is a social thing and thus always fun with friends!

The invasion of the half crab people has begun!

1 Like

I’ve most recently been playing my mage character, and I really like to play up the fanatical knowledge seeker. There isn’t a type or person or peoples that my mage wouldn’t associate with, and there isn’t anything he wouldn’t do for answers to the various questions he has.

I truly think there are interesting and engaging stories coming from all corners of Azeroth thanks to our wonderful server, and this sort of “meta” approach allows me to cast the widest net when it comes to potential partners as well as provide for an interesting character with interesting views. I took a lot of inspiration from people such as Jacques Cousteau and James Cameron(minus the whole film making thing).

That is indeed a very creative way as far as finding a way to interact with as many people as possible. The quest for knowledge is an interesting pursuit and it’s one with many journeys, many sorrows, many dangers, and even many rewards. I’m sure you’ve had a lot of exciting stories that you’ve rped!

I mainly go for the nice chracter some of them have shady past, while others are honor bound and do what feel is the right thing to do.
My Main Paladin is an over all nice guy but has a tiny bit or a zealous or harsh attitude towards certain things.
I have a new Death Knight who lives by a code of honor and only does what he knows is the right thing to do.