Favorite John Goodman role?

Let’s be realistic, John Goodman is one of acting’s legends. I’ve met more than a few celebrities over the years, but he is pretty much the one I REALLY want to meet someday.

My personal favorite (nostalgia kicking in) was his role as Dan Conner, getting clocked in the head w/ a frying pan by Roseanne.

1 Like

The Big Lebowski!

3 Likes

Raising Arizona

1 Like

MARK IT ZERO!!!

It’s a league game, Smokey

3 Likes

The narrator for When Dinosaurs Roamed America and as Pacha in the Emperor’s New Groove

He’s one of my favorites so I love him in many roles.
Howard - 10 Cloverfield Lane
Sullivan - Monsters
Dan - Roseanne (I refuse to watch The Conners. I’m loyal to Roseanne.)
John - Argo
Pascha - Emperor’s New Groove
Walter - The Big Lebowski (I would have to rate this #1)
Delbert - Arachnophobia
Bill - Kong: Skull Island

He even did the Robot Santa Claus in Futurama but it was only for one episode :frowning: Same thing with SpongeBob.

2 Likes

He had a meaty role in C.H.U.D.

Louis Fyne from True Stories. Watch it. Live it. Love it.

Flintstones? Because the cartoon is life.

Were Back was a classic animated one from my childhood

The Big Lebowski is one of the best movies ever made and he was incredible!

Barton Fink, playing Charlie:

The complexity of “the common man” is also explored through the oft-mentioned “life of the mind”. While expounding on his duty as a writer, Barton drones: “I gotta tell you, the life of the mind … There’s no road map for that territory … and exploring it can be painful. The kind of pain most people don’t know anything about.”[[128]](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barton_Fink#cite_note-128 Barton assumes that he is privy to thoughtful creative considerations while Charlie is not. This delusion shares the film’s climax, as Charlie runs through the hallway of the Earle, shooting the detectives with a shotgun and screaming: " Look upon me! I’ll show you the life of the mind!! "[129] Charlie’s “life of the mind” is no less complex than Barton’s; in fact, some critics consider it more so.[130]

I’m actually watching Roseanne right now (the original).

I do like “The Conners”, but as somebody who grew up watching Roseanne when it was still on air, I don’t agree w/ what they did to her, and the first 4 episodes w/ her were indeed a LOT better.

I won’t watch The Conners either. I don’t understand why anyone would want to watch Roseanne without, you know, Roseanne.

Plus the reboot to me wasn’t even all that great for the first season with her. There were moments where it felt like Roseanne the OG but I think a lot of it was just how much I hate Darlene as an adult. The younger version of the character had so much spirit, even in her depression phase she still had a spark. The adult version is just sad.

1 Like

Walter Sobchak. I’ve never been more certain of anything in my life.

2 Likes