Fatal Exception ERROR #132 - I tried everything please help!

Seems as though since patch 10.2, I am constantly getting this error as the game crashes to desktop. I’ve checked all my drivers and made sure they are up to date, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled wow, and I have even changed out my RAM just in case that was the cause. I’m at a loss and need some advanced help. Is there a way to get a detailed crash report so I can see what is going wrong? Or more accurately, so that someone more knowledgeable than myself can see what is going on? I’m to the point where I’m about to reformat my HD and reinstall windows but I would like to avoid that. And I’m not even sure that will fix it if it is hardware related. I’m using an Alienware R15 with RTX 4090. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

DxDiag

[------------------System Information------------------ ]
(https://pastebin.com/WjF13QYh)

Steps I’ve taken so far:

• Disabled all addons
  • Ensured all drivers are up to date
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled WOW
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled WOW on a different drive (HDD)
  • Installed WOW back on the original C drive (SSD M.2)
  • Swapped out physical RAM
  • Reinstalled original RAM since it didn’t resolve issue
  • Uninstalled nvidia drivers
  • Reinstalled nvidia drivers manually “clean install”

The problem can happen any time, but most often when I’m grouped, especially in raids. It looks like the game freezing and then going to desktop with the error message.

1 Like

Is there two connections to plug in displays?
Check you are using the card and not the motherboard connection…if two.
Windows update?

No, only video connections go straight into the graphics card. Yes, windows updated fully. I read in another thread that turning off nvidia in game overlay, coupled with disabling all startup apps and services fixed it, but that has not fixed it for me :frowning:

Im not real good at reading the Dxdiag report, but run it and put it in another post please. Others that help out can read the report.

Can you tell me how to do that?

I am sorry…
I just copied the second stuck blue post, but here are the instructions.

For all technical issues:

1. Windows users only - create a text copy of your DxDiag using these instructions. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here
  1. A list of any troubleshooting you’ve performed already.
  2. A description of what you’re doing when the problems happen, any error messages received, and what it ‘looks like’ to you when it happens.

Also if it will not fit on forum.
You can use …

https://pastebin.com

Thanks so much I will do this!

1 Like

Here is the info as requested.

[------------------System Information------------------ Time of this r - Pastebin.com](https://pastebin.com/WjF13QYh)

Steps I’ve taken so far:

• Disabled all addons
  • Ensured all drivers are up to date
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled WOW
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled WOW on a different drive (HDD)
  • Installed WOW back on the original C drive (SSD M.2)
  • Swapped out physical RAM
  • Reinstalled original RAM since it didn’t resolve issue
  • Uninstalled nvidia drivers
  • Reinstalled nvidia drivers manually “clean install”

The problem can happen any time, but most often when I’m grouped, especially in raids. It looks like the game freezing and then going to desktop with the error message.

Thank you!

Problem signature:
P1: Razer Synapse Service Process

I see some crashes from your GPU drivers, and just curious if Razer Synapse is part of the problem. It’s pretty common for it to interfere with Overwatch, but not sure about WoW.

I had previously disabled all non Microsoft services as part of my tshooting, forgot to include that. It still happened. I’m not sure how the service got enabled again.

1 Like

Interestingly enough, I am having the same exact issue. I also have an Alienware Aurora R15 (purchased in June 2023 iirc) with an RTX 4090.

1 Like

Same here! I have that exact PC and ever since 10.2 I cant play without this crash happening at random intervals. I am about to reinstall windows because nothing else has worked.

1 Like

Did it just start to happen recently? I’m pretty sure mine started after 10.2 but I wasn’t playing much before then since August/Sep.

1 Like

Let me know if that works, that’s my next step. Before I do that I’m waiting to see what Blizzard says I have put in a ticket. I’ll update here with any results.

1 Like

Thanks! waiting on my USB stick in the mail today so I can go to windows 10 :smiley:

1 Like

My issue started with 10.2. I have tried multiple things (and already tried a fresh install) to no avail. What gives me the least amount of crashes is going down to legacy dx11. DX11 works too, but has crashed… just not at the rate of playing on DX12.

1 Like

I haven’t tried switching to DX11, but another frustrating thing is that wow seems to run fine on my laptop, which has a 3080ti. I’ve been raiding on my laptop as a result, which is annoying because when hooked up to my 34" ultrawide I don’t get the smooth frames I’m used to. Plus my desktop PC should work!!

I received a response to my ticket basically telling me to do a full UI reset (rename WTF, Interface, and Cache folders, uninstall Overwolf), and while it seemed to work at first, I got another crash about 30 mins in. I’ve resubmitted the ticket with updated sys files and screenshots of HWMonitor as requested, and we’ll see what the response is. Nothing is overheating though of that I’m sure.

1 Like

In the report…
Refresh rate 175 and 59.973 with the desktop extended.
Try not to extend the desktop…
You could try to set both to 60… First.
Good luck…

Edit…

Also the displayport cable is not a converter from DP to HTMI ?
I had one of those and it was not good to my TV…

Can you clarify what you mean? Are you saying that the different refresh rates on my two monitors could be causing my crashes? Or are you saying that when using my laptop, having the ultrawide extended onto my laptop screen is causing the frame hitching?

Also, my main PC uses display port on both ends to connect to my monitor, so I’m not sure what you mean by HDMI converter. Can you elaborate?

Thanks, really appreciate the assistance!

Yes, because you’re extending the desktop.

Pretty sure they were just verifying. This report gives no indication if you’re using a DisplayPort cable or a converter to connect to DisplayPort.

3 Likes