Faster Legendary Cloak Upgrades

I’ll just do 5 mask clears for the mementos then. Need to farm those sockets. Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

With this change, they should’ve also changed visions to give an extra 250 echoes per mask. That way a 5 mask run = 2000 echoes. It makes no sense that masked runs increase mementos but not echoes.

Better yet, the additional cores should’ve remained drops from any fully completed vision where a 1-3 masks were used. Having to spend echoes on yet another thing is not ideal.

1 Like

eh, now i have to choose between corruptions or my cloak on my main. now i have to choose between essences, corruptions, or cloak on my alts. no thanks. still not doing it on my alts. thanks for trying i guess?

2 Likes

Unfortunately people like you won’t be happy no matter the system that is in place it seems. The fact that Blizzard responded to my 5k view post, and is now implementing a hot fix that allows someone with echoes a chance to upgrade their cloak to cap by this week, should be enough of a win. I am happy that they listened to us, and now gave us another outlet to no longer be behind. Of course there still has to be some kind of time gate (has to be, it is part of their current business model) and with echoes, you are now no longer forced to raid for a core and you can play the end game whatever way you want to, rather it be PvE or PvP to farm the echoes needed.

Good change. It should have been this way from the beginning.

1 Like

In a perfect world they would let you purchase the Core from Wrathion for Coalescing Visions. The only downside is now you need to spend your echoes (if you want to) to get your cloak resistance up with the same currency you need to use to purchase your “preferred” corruption, but still a great change.

yeah, i appreciate the fact i can just run mythics and upgrade my cloak. that is amazing! others have mentioned cores dropping from every vision run. the fact they didnt do this annoys me. thats clearly an option to make this part of the game bearable, but they refuse to do it. dont really want to argue any of it, just stating my personal thoughts.

1 Like

If you think being able to buy your cores on your alts won’t be able to be possible earlier now than the system that was set in place a few hours ago (needing 15 weeks to both complete a raid and a full clear vision in order to catch up). Maybe you are unaware about the many ways your alts can gain their echoes. Here is a sample:

Black Empire Assaults 625
Aqir/Amathet/Mantid/Mogu Assaults 375
Horrific Visions 250 + 125 per side area (750 for a full clear)
World Quest Emissaries 250
Heroic Darkshore Warfront 375
Ny’alotha Raid 75 (normal) to 125 (mythic) per first weekly boss kill
Ny’alotha Looking for Raid 125 per wing
Random Battleground wins 75-125
Rated Arena wins 50-125+ depending on bracket and PvP rank
Rated Battleground wins 175+ depending on PvP rank
Weekly PvP Cache 875-1500 depending on PvP rank
Mythic Keystone Dungeons 15 per Keystone level
Weekly Mythic Keystone Cache 100 per Keystone level

1 Like

Furthermore, you only need 14 cores to reach the current cap as well as still being able to get 2 a week from a raid and an Vision clear. So in reality, you only have to buy 7 with echoes and still being able to get the others for free each week and still cap your resistance on your cloak in a reasonable time frame.

Kinda lame you’re not just awarding them for H vision runs. That currency is already overloaded for use and underfunded for effort. we already have to plan for the limited windows on the corruption vendor. If it has to cost this currency then 2k is 1250 too much.

2 Likes

Excellent! Keep being fabulous! Could it be possible to buy these for mementos, too?

2000 per is simply too much for a currency that’s also needed for corruptions and essences, especially with corruptions on a set schedule it feels extremely bad not having enough for the corruptions you want in that few day window before it’s gone again for literally a month. Just makes it feel bad to spend echoes on anything but saving for that window you have to buy the corruptions you want. Just let people catch up quickly, the expansion is effectively over, the final raid race of the expansion is long since done, lots of people have close to their BIS already, etc.

I’m maxed out on my cloak and I’d rather have more people (and alts) I can play high mythic+ with because they are caught up and won’t be a burden or feel like a burden (even if people could technically do the content with less, they reasonably don’t want to feel like the slacker of the group so they simply won’t participate till they can catch up), than to have some epeen advantage over some people for months more with my max cloak just because I for some reason didn’t take a break for months of this weaksauce expansion.

7 Likes

You’re not taking the opportunity cost of this change into account. You might get caught up on the cloak faster now, but at the cost of falling behind on saving for corruptions. This is something that has the potential to set you back an entire month with their vendor rotation (why!??).

I was a big proponent of better catchup in your thread and I don’t think anyone who was lobbying for a better system wanted it as a byproduct of slower corruption/essence acquisition.

3 Likes

Much appreciated!!

1 Like

Man do I give you guys credit we complained about titanforging, time gating, and vendors so you gave us a vendor that rotates so if you didnt grind hard enough for a specific corruption too bad see ya in 5 weeks lol. This cloak ‘catchup’ is just another bandaid fix to a horrible system of a horrible expac. I sincerely hope you people never do anything like this ever again.

3 Likes

I don’t feel like this is very helpful for people returning to the game or alts because we already have to spend so many echoes on essences and corruptions. I’m still saving echoes to buy the right corruptions from the vendor the next time they’re up, and I probably won’t have a surplus to buy the cores for a while. It would be a lot more helpful if we could also buy more cores with coalescing visions, because this “fix” is basically useless to me right now. Having a single currency for all the “catch up” stuff makes it feel like not much of a catch up at all.

4 Likes

Why just echoes?

Why not give people the option to use war resources and marks of honor as well?

4 Likes

How is there still no core from the PvP chest?!?!?!?!?!

Also I feel like echos are already super valuable, especially on alts. Trying to save for corruptions takes long as it is but now we have to spend echos to upgrade the cloak too? Why not just let us run as many visions in a week as we’d like to catch up? I’d rather spend CVS catching up than echos when I need echos for other stuff.

Weird fix blizzard.

2 Likes

This.

Add it to the M+ and PvP weekly cache’s in addition to the N’zoth kill and Vision run.

How about giving an option to use Sanguicell and Breath of Bwomsamdi for returning players that have hundreds of these, but no current use for the?

2 Likes

Lol this is just a joke and is not a catch up of any kind.
A fresh 120 would need to grind out 26000 echoes to catch up. On top of the 10000 for essences.
I have no issue with a grind and earning things, but at this point why are you even bothering, these things are just an insult.

5 Likes