Farming Class for money making

About to get into SoD more and was curious what class or professions I should focus on to make gold? I usually enjoy hunter but heard mages or maybe druids are good for good gold farming?

don’t play a ton so looking for that class I can work on farming a mount and what not when the time comes.

Suggestions or opinions?

Normally I would play a Warrior or Paladin but willing to try something else if I can get some gold farming as my hobby.

1 Like

Just do quests at level 25. The exp is converted to gold.

3 Likes

Herbalism is the best money maker. And hunter is best at that because you can have your pet fight a mob that is near an herb, then go pick it while your pet fights.

1 Like

Herbalism and mining on a dwarf hunter sounds cool, I might just do that Rasulon. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

Just know, you can only track one thing at a time, either mining or herbs. So you have to toggle back and forth a ton, which can be kind of annoying.

1 Like

This ^. I started out an alt with mining / herb to help provide mats to friends / the guild even knowing this was the case. It got annoying real fast.

Herb OR mining + skinning on a hunter or warlock to use pets while you collect mats is probably the way to go. Though engineering is also in demand for the shredder parts, currently.

1 Like

I’d check out some farming strat videos if there are any around. Mages have traditionally been the kings of dungeon pulling, and now that they also have some self healing, I can’t see that getting worse.

I’ve already seem some pretty cool mage boosting strats at level 25!

Meh… just use a cast sequence macro, and hit it while farming gathering mats:

#showtooltip
/castsequence Find Herbs, Find Minerals

Nothing is worth it anymore, most have done quests and spent their gold and herbs tanked in price due to bots farming everything lol…

2 Likes

This is a lie. I farmed one stack of kingsblood last night and sold it for like 2g

1 Like

There are addons that toggle back and forth, though I prefer a macro.

1 Like

Get to level 25 and farm greater healing and mana pots from vendors… there may be some competition, but since they can’t be made yet they are in high demand.

I did 1 quest in 10 mins and got 2g. Is it really worth your time farming kingsblood?

Yes, quests are limited. Once you finish your quests if you want more gold you need to farm one way or another.

I did this for lower level quests since yellow-orange quests will be helpful in beginning of the next phase.

Make a mage. Be a tailor. Get 25. Go to wetlands farm the leve 26-28 orcs that drop silk.

Make Silk Packs that sell for 70s (server dependent). I have made over 80g in 3 days from doing this farm. The orcs drop level 20-25 green boes.

Once you get the farm down it’s like 10gph depending on drops! Good luck!

Got 200g and still have quests to do. What do you need all this gold for? Dungeon grind to 40 and then quest after that for a massive amount more.

It’s probably always going to be mage especially with their new added healing.

Where are you questing to get 200g? I have not seen enough quests around to make 1/2 that O.o

1 Like

Everywhere. Once I hit 20 I stopped questing and spammed dungeons to 25. Then I went back to all the zones to complete green quests and up. Dont bother with grey quests unless they lead to higher level quests, can be done while doing other things, or be done very quickly. I’m currently sitting at about 250g from this.

The zones of interest are Redridge, westfall, duskwood, darkshore, ashenvale, wetlands, loch modan and stonetalon. Despite encountering level 28/29 mobs in duskwood, it actually wasnt hard at all to complete the entire zone. You may need groups for a few quests, but you could probably solo most of it.

Hmm ok I completely forgot Stonetalon was a zone we could do in this bracket. I guess I’ve done less than I expected with quests.