Farewell Feathermoon

Hi. I’m Illithias.

You may, or may not remember me. I’ve been on Feathermoon since launch. However, lately I haven’t been playing Warcraft much, if at all. I’ve been subbing less and less over the last ten years, and I’ve finally gotten to the point where I believe I’m done with the game. So this is my farewell post.

It’s bittersweet, this game has made a presence in my life for close to 20 years now; I was 21 when I first bought the game, and I’m 40 now. But all things run their course. I stopped subbing regularly back in Warlords, and the gaps have gotten longer and longer, to the point I have been only subbing for the launch and end of expacs. I spent a month in Dragonflight, and I’ve got no interest in returning. Even the new Worldsoul material isn’t interesting me. So rather than let the account fade out, I’m deliberately ending it. I’m done. It’s over.

This is farewell from Illithias, from Naliendiel, from Sarcanna, from Seraes, from Neutrino, from Shazerade, from Nattaelyn, from Gezj, from Tairrie, from Scyll, from Solanaceae. From the 13 other less important alts on my account.

I’d love to give a call-out to everyone who deserves it, but the numbers and years guarantee I’ll miss out someone, and I don’t want anyone to think I’ve missed them out. If you remember me, I remember you. If I’ve missed you, I’m sorry. The Riders, Roses, UDM, and assorted others. Calliope, Switch, Eithriel, Amyliana, Erilahl, Tarquin, Bricu, Threnn, Lorelei, Kyraine, Yva, Pill (RIP), Delion, Ceil, Jolstraer, Aelflaed, Fells, Shad, Chelody, Shaila, Alishe, Kost, Prayce, Mayanna, Ulthanon, Genise, Beltar, Elyle, Fingold, Catrily, Melryn, Andi, Azi, Prydion, Uthas, Gryphonheart, Varley, Varenna, Raidax, Pishogue, Loche, Shukir, Gangan, Tezzerae, Verdus (Peacecow), Vivimord, Grizz, Honnete, Gharr, Indurain, Hammaryn, Keltyr, Ambika, Bregdark, Kaylia, Roxleigh, Jamarra

This is for the guilds I’ve been in; this is for the Wildfire Riders, Order of the Rose, Noxilite, Umbral Advent, Engoth ash Danagarde, Brotherhood of Dusk, the Sidewinder Band. The Bad Idea Trio. The WILD/FIRE I have tattooed on my knuckles.

This is for the raids I’ve been a part of. This is for Totally Raids Incorporated, Noxilite, Sunday Night Raiders. This is for the raids I joined in as a ringer, or as a joke, or 'cause I was wasted. This is for the raid I put together and raid-led myself from BC through Wrath, Phoenix Dawn.

Here’s to the Feathermoon community. Here’s to the “good old days” of the 00s. Here’s to spending all night s#!tposting on these forums. Here’s to Feathermoon IRC. Here’s to discussions regarding impending server mergers. Here’s to Feathermap being set up. Here’s to flying to Seattle every few years to show a bunch of you lot in person how Australians do it. Here’s to owning one of the original Feathermoon server blades.

Here’s to every Tuesday night in the Pig & Whistle. Here’s to every Friday night in the Argent Dawn office. Here’s to being an obligate Fury warrior from vanilla no matter how much I struggled. Here’s to Interfaith meetings. Here’s to Tarren Mill. Here’s to every single Rose Ball. Here’s to farming Scholomance once a week so that Amyliana could get her Dreadmist Mask. Here’s to people getting chucked into volcanos. Here’s to getting chucked off the side of one of the Twin Colossals. Here’s to corpse-running into Under Karazhan. Here’s to jumping over the closed Hyjal entrance. Here’s to Hellfire PvP with Guildwatch. Here’s to Netherspite for Beginners. Here’s to hunting in Stormwind with BoD. Here’s to Wrathgate. Here’s to farming Headless Horseman with Roxleigh. Here’s to tauren getting blueflagged in Ashenvale. Here’s to the Longest Night. Here’s to ruining Peace Summits.

Here’s to Darcloak dancing on top of the fountain. Here’s to YAR YAR HUMP HUMP. Here’s to three hundred thousand dollar houses. Here’s to being a hot chick IRL. Here’s to awful FlagRSP profiles, and here’s to even worse ones. Here’s to STRATERGY. Here’s to the Dared with Debonaire attitude. Here’s to from out of no wear BAMB! Here’s to receiving brigades from other servers with worse trolling than theirs. Here’s to the Kull. Here’s to cheese not being of the Forsaken. Here’s to getting your kills Quaved. Here’s to ninjaing Perds and Azuregos. Here’s to killing yourself and joining the Sidewinder Band. Here’s to orcfish.

You can find me on the FMoon discord, or on my Bluesky account.

So in conclusion: FEATHERMOON 178, YOU 7. Kill 'em all and let Elune sort them out.

Ande’thoras-ethil.

2 Likes

This post smells like jasmine and sounds like the soft clacking of wooden beads lol

<3

3 Likes

Here’s to slipping you tongue!

2 Likes

Here’s to you, half-face, and the Bad Idea Trio!

3 Likes

Here’s to talking to Akama. Here’s to the apartment building on Landen Thoroughfare. Here’s to no really I know how to cut an onion.

Miss you already.

2 Likes

We haven’t spoken in a decade, and it hurts to this day. But I won’t dwell on that for now. You’re wonderful, and I wish you all the best.

Farewell, and thanks for all the bonus quail.

/salute

1 Like