Falsely reporting new patch

I would assume so. I’d like to think after 2 or 3 false reports they would get a 24 hour ban etc. But this is blizzard…

2 Likes

After being punished for using a word which has a double meaning a non-native American English speaker could never know, I have exactly ZERO trust in the system.
And I find your “being upset = being a jerk” equation directly offensive. I have never been a jerk in the game, or elsewhere. On the other hand, I have been victimised by jerks (including an actual stalker) several times.

2 Likes

The problem with “moderation,” as some call it, always ends up bad no matter if its a company, government, etc…
They use the “toxic” approach to weed out disagreeing perspectives, however, it ends up just silencing everyone. Then people just stop paying for the game, moving to another country, etc. Why? Because it always ends up being abused.

1 Like

I have had a chance to sit down at Blizz and chat with the Forum Support Agent team who handle the CS forum and see the system in 2016. Even then they don’t go into many details and only let me see my own account data. Customer privacy is something important so I could not see actual reports or tickets.

My understanding is that right now we have the same thing we have had for a long time.

• Auto squelch with enough unique account reports in a short time pending GM review. GM can then remove the flag, assign a Silence, assign a Suspension, or assign a permanent closure (rare).
  • Silence at GM discression for a first offense
  • Suspensions for multiple violations or serious violations

I have been told GMs still review the actual reports before a penalty is issued. The reports capture name, server, chat channel, chat logs, game location, game logs, etc. So the GM has all the data at their finger tips to handle it.

What I have also seen, is that sometimes GMs make mistakes. Like punishing someone who was reporting when they mean to punish the breaking the rules. There was a case on CS lately where I think an RP addon made it hard to tell who said what. It got fixed though. I also got a forum suspension once - a person used a bunch of alts to report a boring CS post and the mod meant to remove the flag and hit the wrong option. It also got fixed.

4 Likes

works fine in other games

this is just a gaslighting thread

Reminder to Blizzard that the squelching system is ripe for abuse and negatively impacts players who do no wrong. Report abusers and the toxic players behind false reporting should never have been given the power to kill the ability for other players to use group finder, mailbox, etc.:

The false flagging that runs rampant on the forums should be a clue to you.

there wont be an improvements your going to have ban happy idiots when 9.2.5 launches my advice is to turn off all chat except guild chat until dragonflight at least until the ban happy idiots calm down.

I will report anyone doing gatekeeping for addons even if they don’t do it to me.

I was just about to say exactly this.

There already is human eyes on this - they don’t need 40, 000 people who are paid really well for this.

What happens if you are the victim of it

You have to prove that someone falsely reported you. I’m sure it happens, but not to an extent where it’s an actual problem.

Why would anyone falsely report the new patch?

1 Like

It won’t stop them from reporting.

I’m never a jerk in game. I have two macros, one says GLHF and the other GG.

No, this narrative is nothing but a product of your imagination.

3 Likes

Exactly.
This dillusion they have that no one will do anything wrong unless provoked is sheer unrealistic.

Do they not know how the human mind works?

3 Likes

That happened to me in legion in the antorus band I invited many people from servers in the United States and because I did the mechanics wrong they insulted me I had to kick out several people and then those people They made false reports saying that I had insulted them and they banned my account for a month because of massive false reports
And Blizz did not want to attend to my case because it was a minority

The answer is the streamers or youtubers

There should be a “disagree” button along with the “like” and the reporting option.

If the “I disagree” button exists, they will abuse it and that will be toxic.

“Toxic groups would never falsely report others in the game just to get people squelched and kick!”

-Living in a Bubble, 2022

1 Like