False ban on a R13 Horde (Arugal) Character

My main character is a Lv. 60 Shaman on Arugal-OCE called Kimbrry.

I have been ranking since April and am one week away (after this week’s reset) to hitting Rank 14. This morning I woke up to my account being banned for ‘Botting or Hacking’, but I have purely been queuing for Battlegrounds and have been heavily World PvPing for about an average of 17-20 hours a day for the last few weeks.

I have never used any scripts or botted throughout my time playing Classic, nor have I account shared and I have not been AFKing in Battlegrounds or using any kind of hacks either, so I’m not sure why I would have my account closed / perma-banned so suddenly.

I’ve tried to submit a ticket but I’m not sure when / if they will reply. Has anyone ever experienced this before and does anyone know how to get it resolved? I can’t access their live chat / call back either.

11 Likes

I truly hope you get this resolved. I’ve heard of several hardcore rankers being banned outright - despite the fact they were always piloting their character.

It’s truly frustrating when legitimate players get banned without any actual human interaction on Blizzard’s part, especially when so many actual bots go untouched. It’s worse when it’s someone who has spent a very long time putting a lot of effort into ranking only to have it ruined by a lazy and incompetent GM.

9 Likes

customer support forums should get this thread, I think. or at least a copy.

2 Likes

Thanks :frowning: It really sucks cause I’m literally just <10 days away from my R14 and I have no idea what caused it, and I have no control over the outcome. Really hope that they realized it was a false ban or at least let me clarify why I got banned in the first place. Wasn’t even a couple of days but just perma-banned.

1 Like

That’s crazy, especially if it’s a first action on your account. Blizzard has a bad track record of catching a lot of innocent players in ban waves.

Best of luck with the result, but absolutely post in the CS if you can.

1 Like

Just posted. Hopefully they see it. Thank you!

1 Like

I agree, go to the customer support forum (I see you just did). You can also try Reddit etc.

If you didn’t bot then I’m sorry to hear about this happening. I have a friend who recently got a 6 month ban and he doesn’t know why and they wouldn’t even tell him when it was escalated. I don’t have any empathy for actual botters though.

I could hardly keep myself awake sometimes while grinding at rank 13 so sometimes I’d like micronap in the middle of the night in a game and find myself running into a wall or whatever. That must have looked bad although it wasn’t botting or on purpose.

This must be pretty stressful for you, good luck with getting it resolved.

1 Like

Thanks! Appreciate it. Yeah if I ever get too tired I’d sit out some games and nap in between rather than going in game cause i’m THAT afraid of getting banned haha. Maybe someone has it out for me or something.

Anyone read their announcment that they take so long to ban ppl (iN wAvE$) because they want to make sure they do not ban legit players?

Ye right. Reddit and discord has plenty of people who have the same issue

5 Likes

There are a LOT of people who have been falsely banned, and after submitting ticket after ticket after ticket, have their ban lifted.

Their automated system has a lot of issues unfortunately.

Hopefully it works and a GM see it :frowning:

Blizzard would want to either give you R14 or at least keep your progress the same. Hope it all works out.

I’d like to thank everyone for not being jerks and assuming OP is lying, You’re very good today.

2 Likes

I’m sure someone will eventually. There’s always at least one.

This is a lie, keep banning those Chinese bots

3 Likes

Lol why would anyone make a bot to get High Warlord and spend all their gold on consumables, respec and gears. Doesn’t sound lucrative at all.

Yeah, why on earth would anyone make an automated system to help them get the absolute best gear in the game without having to play.

2 Likes

Literally am part of the PvP bracket management team on Arugal Horde, been playing legit, joining premades that run for the whole day throughout my ranking period. I’m just having trouble understanding how I have gotten flagged for hacking / botting.

Because Rank 14 characters sell well for real cash.

7 Likes

I didn’t accuse you of anything. You said you don’t think anyone would make a bot to grind rank 14, and I gave the biggest reason why. People have been botting r14 since November 12th.

1 Like