Fallen Charger Update

I am all for a time lost 3.0 but it needs to be 100% for one person. Not join a raid tag it for a 5% drop chance.

Make it fly!

3 Likes

I kinda doubt that, but it would be amazing if so. 8 hour spawn is ridiculous.

This i actually agree with. Its not going to be special if it isnt rare. Edit: allow me to clarify. Most of these mounts are earned through hardwork and chance. Your just throwing out the window people spent time on farming this mount.

1 Like

Thank you for making this change! I am looking forward to farming it now. Prior to this change it was a nogo for me!

:clinking_glasses:
:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes the drop chance doesn’t change it’s always 15% when you loot.
But the probability of getting it after x tries is not constant.

For example lets say you got this mount after 4 tries. What that means is you failed to get it three times then got it on the last attempt. The probability of not getting the mount when you loot it is 1-p in this case 1-0.15 = 0.85. where the probability p of getting the mount is 0.15.

When you have multiple events that are independent of each other (in this example not getting the mount on one attempt does not change the chance of getting it on the next, it is always 15%) then their combined probability is just their individual probabilities multiplied together.

So the probability of getting the mount after 4 attempts is the probability of failing 3 times and then getting the drop. Or 0.85 * 0.85 * 0.85 * 0.15 = 0.092 = 9.21% .
That is the probability of getting the mount after exactly 4 tries.

But what if we want to know the probability of getting it at or before 4 attempts. We would calculate the probability of getting the drop at 1,2,3, and 4 attempts the exact same way as above (1-p)^n-1*p then add those probabilities together. If you do that calculation you get a probability of 47.8%.

If you do the same process for 28 attempts (from my original post), then you would get the probability of getting the mount at or below 28 attempts is 99%. Of course it could take more attempts than 28, but that’s only the unluckiest 1% of players.

are you saying that the wow dev compare this mount to time lost proto drake???

are they aware that the time lost proto drake was a 100% drop rate when you killed it?

and shares another rare spot also

Huolon though can be camped since it has one spawn location, do we know Fallens spawn locations yet?

Can someone explain what the deal with this mount was? What made it so frustrating to farm?

The mob had a long respawn time and could be killed as many times as you could find it in a day. So people that wanted to actively grind the mount would have to stare at LFG spamming refresh for hours.

Nothing hard about swarming a rare with a bunch of randos and winning a lucky roll.
If they wanted to go full TLPD it would have a 5 person tag limit and 100% drop chance for 1 person out of those 5.
Instead they did some weird Soundless style respawn time but with the random location of TLPD.
This is a positive change that will cut down on unhealthy activities of people farming for hours without taking breaks for fear of missing a spawn.

4 Likes

You make me sad.

That an outdated way of thinking, your 15 bucks a month is not better than anyone else 15 a month.

2 Likes

It has an 8 hour spawn and runs around ALL over the maw, until you catch it. It also got killed very quickly when people caught it. You have to no life to catch it since the maw is huge.

I wish I could upvote this more.

Just saw 5 of these bad boys drop in one group of 22ish players.
Sadly, I was not one of the lucky ones.

1 Like

I am pretty sure TLPD never used to be 100% for all party members involved, it’s been so long that I am sure they changed the drop rates and how you now only 5 man party or a 2x4 at most.

Your $15 a month doesn’t mean you deserve everything you want without earning it.

1 Like

Why does it bother you if someone has something? I don’t think elitism has any place in this game any longer.

2 Likes