Falcon and The Winter Soldier

Hows everyone enjoying this series so far?

I’m loving it! Cant wait to see whats in store for us in the final episode. Better not kill off Walker, though. We need some good Anti-Heros set up for the future.

Much deeper than I expected it to go. It’s been a nice surprise. The conversations around the net about the last two episodes have been super interesting. Also how people reacted to Walker’s actor announcing he was getting death threats. It feels like it pushed a little sympathy to his character that otherwise would not have been there. I could see someone using this series to teach a class.
And yeah, they kill off too many of their villains. Seems like they may be learning that lesson.

Yup! Zemo is still alive and kicking. Hopefully Walker survives the final episode. Karli can be killed off. Shes a terrible villain. Batroc could probably be killed off. Its cool seeing him again, but he doesnt really every do anything.

Could you imagine a Thunderbolts movie or TV show with Zemo, Walker, Agatha and Abomination all teamed up?

I saw the Hulk in the theater and I haven’t seen it since. So I can’t even imagine that actor (s) in any roles, sadly. I’d like to rewatch it but I’ll have to wait for whatever they do with it. The way streaming is going, I miss blockbusters.

Karli, I like what one reactor said, feels choppy. Because apparently they had a whole pandemic plotline and they axed it due to covid. I feel like that is a lot of unanswered, unfleshed out potential there. People are like, ah she’s a little girl! A little girl would not have been in Madripoor with access or knowledge of super soldier serum. We are very vague on Mama Danya and people forget Sharon entirely. I liked Zemo’s conversation with Sam about people who think they are chosen, so, I’d have liked a show fleshing her and Sharon out a bit in relation to that. I feel like we’re getting showdown so I doubt that will happen. But apparently the Black Widow movie was also supposed to lead into this and now hasn’t. So, we’ll see how things go. Batroc I am ambivalent about. He’s a henchman. I’d rather have had Klaue, but here we are.

So far the show slaps. The first five minutes of episode one was theater quality action and it hasn’t let down from there in my opinion. If you’re familiar with the comic run this is based on it’s pretty true to it and does a great job speaking to the history of and current racial tensions in this country, immigration, and other issues affecting both our country and the world.

Outside of that the journey of Bucky’s road to redemption and Sam coming to grips with who he is and why he was chosen was perfectly done. Also the actor who was chosen to portray John Walker was perfectly cast. I haven’t wanted to reach through a screen and slap someone like this since Joffery Baratheon lol. Here is hoping the finale tomorrow is a banger, I’m excited.

1 Like

The one thing im disappointed in is the lack of deep dive into the post blip world. Like the GRC are just painted as comically evil, but we dont actually really see it.

Like think about it. Lets say your are a 25 year old fresh out of college. Good job, just bought a house, keeping your debt low, doing everything you are suppose too, then poof, you disappear. You come back 5 years later. Someone else is living in your house and all your stuff is gone. Your job is gone. Your bank account, probably gone, your retirement, gone.

Who needs more help? The people that have been alive for the last 5 years, and are now at the risk of being kicked out of what they now call home? Or the people who had their own lives only for it to disappear in literally seconds for them, and are now left with nothing? Whos more entitled to that house?

ont even get me started on the logistics of the matter.

For 5 years farmers have been growing at post snap levels, and people have been consolidating in mass in cities. How the hell do you feed 8 billion people when you only have the capacity to feed 4 billion. How do you home people in cities that have had their populations double (if not more) instantly.

Look at what Covid did to supply chains. Now imagine that with half the production capabilities.

Maybe the reshoots due to the pandemic plot line being cut caused this issue, but id be surprised if it was ever really expanded upon even before the cuts.

1 Like

The new captain America guy has a very dislikable face. Like have you ever wanted to punch someone just because of the way they look? But overall love the show so far😌

2 Likes

Huh, strikes me that is pretty close to what I saw someone who had been deported, said it felt like. And certainly in the wheelhouse of what Karli is. I think they’ve brushed the surface of that, but not really. Makes me wonder if they are trying to create build up for something like Secret Invasion, where Talos originally said the Skrull were refugees, but I think we all know what the comic reality was.

1 Like

Loved almost everything about the finale!

Really my only complaint is with Sharon Carter.

So i was pretty adamant that she wasnt the Power Broker, but it looks like she is, and i gotta say, its really rubbing me the wrong way with how this show handled that whole arc. Its really the only thing i hate about this entire season. (well that and Karlis arc was terrible as well.)

And im fine with her being the Power Broker, but the show straight up lied to the audience several times about her, and thats what has me so disappointed.

Misdirection and the audience being present when Character A lies to Character B is fine. But thats not what the show did.

The show told us that the PB wanted Karli dead. Except Sharon didnt.

The show told us that the PB wanted the Dr to keep making more SSS. Except Sharon led Zemo directly too him. And then has the gal to whine abut SSS not being an option anymore in the after credits scene?

Sharon hiring Batroc? What was the point of that, only for her to shoot him. In fact that entire stand off between Sharon, Batroc, and Karli made no freaking sense.

And of course the after Credits scene makes me for sure think shes a Skrull. If thats the case then i can see this all make some sense, as they would want to destabilize both “sides” in the conflict, but they still wanted the Serum and her leading everyone directly too the Dr. is what has me so damn upset and confused.

arghhhhhhh

/rant.

Ooo Skrull angle I hadn’t thought about. That would make sense. Anyone else feel like they are trending towards under-developing characters to try to throw people off the scent? I mean, of course you won’t consider them, not enough screen time. But then, if someone has a lot of screen time…
They tied up some ends nicely. Zemo was a nice touch.

I love that Julia Louis Dreyfus is in the MCU now as the sort of “evil Nick Fury” character, assembling her own team.

It simply disappointed me.

It went the way i expected it to go, and it wasnt good.