Failings of New Customization

You are fine and shouldn’t apologize.

Not shutting anyone down. I was just arguing that blood elves are fine or not. They need more.

Sorry if it sounded that way from me.

Plenty of other races need more too. Preferably sooner rather than later.

3 Likes

Honestly if there wasn’t hostility for BE fans from the jump, I woulda been a lot less defensive and given others also felt the same way I would assume that woulda also helped.

6 Likes

I mean it’s not really you. It’s two very clear individuals. One makes it their life mission on this forum to just stop folks from making requests too frequently due to pure bitterness.

An update would be nice because it doesn’t seem like their customization update is fleshed out. A lot of their options are pretty redundant and the UI isn’t intuitive.

2 Likes

VEs have it oodles better than literally every one considering their the only race whose made it in two passes. But I thought several posts ago people were agreeing to not compare stuff, but like you I do find it pertinent at times.

2 Likes

Seriously? Someone opposes one thing and that’s your impression of them?

1 Like

I disagree.

Void elves are sort of sad for options compared to the other Legion ARs at this juncture. Regardless of your opinion on the impact of said options.

And no race/gender was as stiffed as Male pandaren, who didn’t even get the tail option to go with the two (2) new hairstyles.

3 Likes

When a person goes into customization request threads just to shutdown others requesting stuff for their race, yeah, kinda. It would be like trying to stop me from making requests for LFD because they just got their update.

2 Likes

Why are we arguing This vs That when we should be asking for both?

They can add more Belf customization options and still work on customization for other races at the same time. They added more stuff for almost every race the last time, they can do it again.

7 Likes

See this is what I don’t understand you can say BEs have it oodles better than others despite losing visual uniqueness, but disagree VEs being the only race in both passes are in a totally different situation despite getting a second visual theme, neither got impactful additions to their main theme but only one got impactful additions.

Both are better than Pandaren.

2 Likes

I think it would be cool to add mixed race customizations across the board. It would be a lot, but worth it imo. Lantresor and Arator would have some cool updates. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Draenei and their Lightforged counterparts have no dark skin tone. Yes, I play those too, and would love such a skin tone.

6 Likes

I, for one, would love gear tattoos and soot marks for my goblins.

…and dwarf eyebrow color not tied to skin color so that if you have a pale dwarf, she has red eyebrows even if you pick black hair.

…ooo, ooo, real black hair for the races that don’t have it, too.

3 Likes

No, it would be like you not wanting LFD copied to the Horde.

Some people value the distinction. I’m not one of them, but that doesn’t make their opinions less valid.

That is, if you’re talking about who I think you’re talking about.

3 Likes

I would love to see actual care put into belf customization. I want things added that add to the blood knight theme, mage theme, and farstriders. I want more long hairstyles for the women, and more braids. Tattoos and scars, more colors for jewelry, optional hair accessories that change colors with the jewelry, and quit gender locking stuff.

For trolls I want to be able to choose the base hair color and streak color individually. A wider variety of jewelry, including body piercings, would be great.

Mag’har have body piercings but they are flat textures slapped on and looks like the belf bracelets, high pixelated. All of the races that have jewelery need to be able to choose between multiple colors. Heck the color toggle for lfd changes the metal on their underwear even.

Nightborne need a rework, the new faces are not great. Also why couldn’t they get detailed hairstyles? Their additions seemed as rushed and lackluster as the initial release did.

6 Likes

That’s fine, but they don’t have to drag down every thread into a petty argument over the exact same thing over and over. They don’t need to make everyone else get into a negative mindset when folks are just wanting to see their race improved.

If their opinion is ‘you got enough and you should be grateful’ their opinion is a lot less valid to me. Sorry not sorry.

3 Likes

Honestly?

Because I never gave a toss, personally, about visual distinctiveness. What I care about is freedom to create a wide range of lore-plausible characters.

I would totally, for example, play an upright undead, full Nathanos style. Or at least be glad of the option. I like my boney boy.

Conversely, I’d also like some more dead options for my death knights.

2 Likes

So then you missed the first poster who is doing a lot of the same things you’re describing but tilted at BE fans.

1 Like

Death knights should be able to have blood red and unholy green eye color options on top of the icy blue. Not all DKs are frost, let us show it with our characters.

6 Likes

To be fair, the men got nothing involving the jewelry. The only thing the men got were 3 hair styles, a couple more beard options, the eye colors, and the POC options that every other pale skinned race got. The men got absolutely screwed more than most AR’s as well. They don’t even have a second page of options.

7 Likes

No. I didn’t. What? Do you see me supporting that individual? I’m surprised you still think I support pissing contents.

1 Like