Failed character transfer

I understand that transactions fail, but I believe it’s wrong to get a reply from a ticket that is untruthful (let’s be honest, a lie). The reply said the transfer didn’t go through due to mail or pending auctions and I’d be refunded. However that is not accurate because the character does NOT have mail or auctions pending as I verified today AND transfer errors out if those exist prior to payment. It assails the reputation of Blizzard customer service to get such a dishonest response and I have to wait for the funds to be refunded or pay another fee to transfer the character as was intended. The character was in limbo and I had to open a ticket after several days of being “stuck”. Why lie to me? Do you just expect that I am clueless and don’t know the process that I would just say “Oh, ok.”? So my question for the forum is when these ticket replies are so out in left field, clearly have not been read carefully and/or exhibit such terrible service, what should be the remedy for what some might consider unethical business practices be? I’m appalled how bad this response was, mostly because it’s not true, but also so dismissive that I would know how a transfer works after doing dozens of them over the years. Uggh, help!