Faeline Stomp and a Moving Boss

So how do you Fistweavers using Faeline Stomp handle boss fights that move lot? I just got my Awakened Faeline (my avatar shows lvl 53 but I’m actually 63) and sometimes the boss just doesn’t stay around due to mechanics, and if FS didn’t get refreshed on time I’d have to fight without it after a move. Tips?

1 Like

Anticipate when to cast.

Bosses that are required to be moved around often can also be anticipated when the moves are about to take place.

Chi Burst should usually proc a reset from what I understand. Allowing you to put up a new Fey Line. You could also mention to the tank that it’s detrimental to the groups dps and your healing if they are moving so often/erratically for no real reason. Repositioning is okay but if they need to do it frequently something is wrong.

My biased/personal answer would be to avoid Fey Line entirely tbh as we have other options that don’t restrict us, but seeing as you are levelling a new monk it’s probably best to learn all the talents and make those decisions yourself. If you run fey line you will have a better time if you can grab a familiar tank who understands MW/Fey or who isnt so unpredictable/erratic. FL is not the most pug friendly way to MW imo.

Try Chi Bursting for resets though if you need to move and need to re-place your Fey Line. I hear that almost always procs a fey line reset.

Ideally you should be placing fae lines when you know you can grab a reset.

Its pretty easy to tell when u will have 5 seconds to virtually guarentee a reset before you place it.

Dont spam fae lines unless u can anticipate a reset, its rare that I am stuck wth fae line on CD, and if i do its usually because i got greedy

3 Likes

If you know where you’re moving (Sennarth), faeline in that direction and preferably while you’re on the move.

If the tank or boss is moving around like a bouncy ball (Teera & Maruuk), I’m relying more on Essence Font to keep Ancient Teachings active and using a movement skill to zoom to them, faeline, then hope for a reset proc before their next jump.

Well I’m not into high keys yet (10s/11s atm), so maybe my opinion will change when I get higher up… but ATM this seems to be my biggest complaint.

Sure anticipating movement is fine and all… until thundering + quake + boss knockback throws everyone to the other side of the map. There is so much movement in higher level content that just ‘anticipate’ isn’t enough at all.

They really should just take the CD off of stomp. If they’re worried about spamming just move some of the heal/dmg to a hot/dot, so spamming is wildly mana/GCD inefficient. Druid efflor works similarly (only 1 can be down at a time, mana inefficient to spam but placement during movement is possible).

And the talent that requires me to be in stomp to increase the chance of proccing another stomp just baffles me. If I’m already in it, I likely don’t need it. The talent should do the opposite.

I just fill with EF and play like we did in SL (where no one was night fae) until it comes off cd. Works fine. IMO faeline mw is the best iteration of “fistweave” we’ve had in ages.

2 Likes

Sure is. However, the whole maintenance buff junk is super annoying to me. I am not sure if or why anyone finds that fun, personally. It’s just… well, maintenance.

2 Likes

If some of the melee procs aren’t tied to standing on top of Feyline, it’d be much easier to manage, in exchange gives Stomp procs related to aoe heals to balance it out.

Or I suppose I can switch to Mistweaving between bosses…

Yeah… I just ran 2 HOVs. On Fenrir (where I need as much healing as possible) I got 15k hps and 40k hps. The only difference, no feyline stomp proc and a fixate that caused the ranged to run me out of feyline. In those clutch situations essence font can’t make up the difference.

Your hps isn’t from faeline… Faeline is only for the buff man. EF gives you the double mastery just need to cast tiger palm more when not in faeline. I would suggest reviewing your rotation.

1 Like

I understand that the buffs, 2 of them, which do different things on different timers and both still necessary, come from faeline. 1 which also comes from font but not the other.

Ancient concordance only comes from faeline. Now it does stick around a few seconds after you leave faeline, but without it spinning kick does no healing and blackout kick is only single target. On fenrir this means no extra healing from adds and if your crane is out this is even worse since you have to waste his CD channeling font to keep teachings up.

The problem isn’t my rotation, its the absolute mess of talents/procs/buffs that the devs put together. Ancient teachings and ancient concordance need to be rolled into 1 buff proc’d from faeline, and faeline have no CD.

This convoluted mess of buffs and procs is part of the reason why no one wants to play monk.

This isn’t correct. Awakened faeline is the majority of your healing in every dungeon - by a mile.

But awakened comes from faelined and EF if I’m not mistaken.

Yes it is correct. You are using stomp to replace EF for damage and to reduce how many TP you need to cast between BoK. The buff that you want that actually puts out heals is the tick of EF that stomp shoots off when you cast it - it makes your mastery proc twice and ancient teachings which comes from casting EF or stomp. EF is almost as effective on its own but you have to cast more TP when you aren’t on a line since you don’t get the double attacks and you can’t spam sck for free heals.