Factions aren't the issue, server capacity is

blizzard can not tell people what faction to play or what server to play the mess is ALWAYS on the players.

see above post.

1 Like

I’ll likely be banned off the forums by then, so I’ll just toss you a like when you post the screenshots.

3 Likes

Blizzard never released server hard caps or intended populations for vanilla, or any other expac.

It’s all player guesses.

1 Like

Add up all US servers and you won’t even have 200k TOTAL subscribers, never mind active. Blizz is not making 4 mil a month on classic subs alone.

What a wild place this is.

1 Like

Damn you just got 7 forum hearts all of a sudden

Grats :rofl:

2 Likes

Forum hearts are better than bitcoin

Lol

My standing in honor was over 3k last week for my faction on my server and I’m on the less populated faction on my server…there are definitely a lot more people per server now than in vanilla

Run @ ~6pm server on Sunday after purging all data to ensure it was a clean snapshot census. Probably fairly representative of typical primetime. Tuesday might be higher but not by too much I imagine. Seems Population has fallen quite a bit since BGs launched. Still higher than a max server in vanilla that had queues. But you’re right that it is no longer 2-3x as much.

https://imgur.com/zFfaynA

https://imgur.com/YJwGyrz

1 Like

There would be so many dead realms if they did what you’re suggesting they do. Many many many people who started at launch quit within the first month. More are still quitting.

It’s not a solution to anything but killing the game. Majority of players don’t want to play on tiny realms.

Mega servers was the right choice. It solves more problems than it creates.

1 Like

My lowkey tinfoil hat theory of Blizzard screwing up the server capacity so they can get everyone to buy server transfers early remains to this day.

Did you really upvote your own post 7 times

3 Likes

Your a straight up fool if you think activisons classic wow was like vanilla

players are the issue stuck in their ways.

Totally clueless the issue is when players play and that is why servers will always be imbalanced. It absolutely has nothing to with the server size.

Looks like a massive oversight to me.

The current technology for 2019 was probably able to host large servers in Classic that we have right now, probably similar ones for retail.

What they might have overlooked is that:

• There is no cross realm phasing
  • No sharding
  • No instant dungeon/bg teleporting
  • No flying
  • ONE ‘version’ of the game - No extra expansion maps to spread across.

So all these people, on the ground, moving to quests, moving to dungeons, on maps designed for a Vanilla population.