Faction Server imbalance

Yup, it’s completely unacceptable. It’s one thing for it to happen on a PVE server but for it to be an issue on every PVP server except for 1 (grobbulus) is ridiculous. Literally completely defeats the purpose of the server being a PVP server.

I find it funny. I play on PVE servers, but I have whole-heartedly embraced the faction battle between the two. There are times when I see someone of the opposite faction and wish I could get them.

I did play on a PVP server for a bit, got to around level 30, and I found the sense of danger kind of fun. You never know if you’re going to get ganked or if you’re going to be left alone. I once saw an Alliance massacre of Horde players in Ratchet leading to the boat, and as a rogue, I stealthed on to the ship and hid as someone lit a flare near by.

Most players don’t embrace that though and maybe at higher levels it can get annoying, but it’s a shame that the server imbalances led to people just separating. Oh well. I don’t think most players like World PVP these days.

I’ve seen faerlina alliance players.

in bg…lol. they do exist, however.

Clear case of a true, real “you think you want it”. If players wanted to play on realms where the other faction is there to contest zones and the general in-game space, they wouldn’t just 99% the “pvp” realms.

People only want to pvp when they have all the advantages, be it racials or heavy faction imbalance in their favor. Blizzard allowing unrestricted faction transfers for cash just made the already bad situation worse.

Classic WoW has shown that the playerbase cannot be trusted to behave for the benefit and health of the game, and once WotLK is done, I’m going to play single-player games onwards

3 Likes

There’s a reason MMOs stopped doing faction based PvP.

But it maybe could have worked if they limited the size of the realms. If you’re the minority faction on a 3500 player realm, you can find places to get some peace. If you’re the minority on a 15k player realm, there’s someone around every corner waiting to jump you.

1 Like

Theres an imbalance cause people don’t care about it. Outside of world pvp (which people don’t care about) its pointless to have factions even in a game like this which even in WC3 the Alliance and Horde would occasionally team up to beat the big bads.

Warhammer online was probably the last decent faction MMORPG cause it was apart of the story and lore for Chaos to hate everything regardless who or what is in their way.

What it actually did show is that the faction split is an outdated gameplay concept which causes several unnecessary issues.

2 Likes

they should just merge the 2 factions together, theres no more real pvp of any kinds anyways. More than half the time when I queue a lowbie alt for any battlegrounds as a horde, more than half the time I’m added to the alliance team since they never seem to queue low level battle grounds.

The Orcs Vs Humans era has gone out the window as did pro-nouns, its they and them so we might as well be 1 faction in WoW… sigh

Modern gamer min/max behaviors kind of destroy the spirit of PvP servers before they get going for the most part.

This isn’t something blizzard can fix. They can mitigate it somewhat, but the methods are intrusive, and largely just mean that large groups of people aren’t allowed to play where they want to in order to try to force it (and these efforts are pretty unlikely to work in the long term).

All of this is why Blizz eventually just got rid of PvP servers in favor of war mode.

1 Like

It’s “outdated” because of the min-max culture… you don’t even need to look at the faction balance, look at what pvp ranking turned into during vanilla classic. People literally creating lvl 1 alts for rank padding, organized campaigns to mass report people in BGs to stop them from ranking etc etc.

The playerbase is incompatible with social / multiplayer games

Faerlina was basically 50/50 for the first year/year and a half. But as soon as the horde had a majority they started camping EVERYTHING and making the game near unplayable as alliance. As that got worse thanks to Blizzard allowing free horde xfers in, the alliance side basically collapsed in a matter of weeks. Pretty much the entire server died over the Thanksgiving holiday…

RIP Faerlina Alliance…

1 Like

this is a player made problem. If Blizz had instituted faction caps, players would complain they could not play with friends. There are two solutions at this point 1) players are offered transfers and the are used. but we know this will never happen as everyone thinks someone else should transfer not them. Or 2) Blizz takes the appropriate number of players from a faction and forcible transfers them to another server. They could take into account trying to transfer guildmates together. Then they would have to stop letting people paid transfer trying to stop players from imbalancing servers again

You are mistaken, it is not a problem to have us all in an environment that compels us to use paid services, but an opportunity.

They are in no hurry to fix anything. Why would they?

1 Like

What would you like to see done? Players absolutely do not want balanced PVP servers. Those who do are on Grobbulus.

There have been free transfers (without cooldown) between Benediction and Faerlina for a month now, and this has made no difference to faction balance. Raid groups seemingly aren’t even transferring over for a raid for fun…

Yep.

On my old pvp server of no more than 2000 i could usually escape the world pvp by going to Azshara to grind mobs or fish or something. There was griefing of course but no where near other servers (i.e. you didnt have to corpse run to bwl)

1 Like

As I said in my OP, to either merge some server or allow alliance and horde to play together.

I’m on Atiesh-horde (obviously) I feel like I know people, I don’t KNOW them but I know them, I think we’re at 1800 horde and alliance is like 10k-ish? PvP doesn’t matter really, not like it was in 2009-2010.

Because I know people, I’ve raided with a lot of guilds when I’m not raiding with my own, but It’s also hard to find people to fill spots when some guilds need them, since we have a lot of community run pugs. It’s pretty bad, but at least for me I like being on such a low pop rather than a megaserver.

It’s outdated because from what I’ve gathered from my older and more experienced friends who actually played the “old” wow the paradigm already shifted during og vanilla for the sweatier part of the playerbase.
I personally saw wpvp in classic vanilla as a hindrance to whatever I was doing, be it questing, farming or whatever else. Many other players coming into vanilla for the first time felt the same.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.