Faction imbalance

Actually, there was a quote from an interview around the MoP era talking about Pandas introduction, where they specifically said that Blood Elves were added to the Horde because there was a massive gender imbalance in the Factions. I don’t know about the “play with their boyfriend” bit, but racial aesthetics do matter.

Just ask my partner who spent 4 hours picking out race and hairstyle/color etc before she even created her first character.

aesthetics, most definitely. which is what caused faction imbalance in general. horde were lacking anything even remotely appealing. i personally have never rolled a female blood elf. all mine are males.

and no, it had nothing to do with gender imbalance. if you look at the majority of characters, on both factions, they are female. but yet they are going to claim that they added a more feminine race, to encourage people to roll…males? okay lmfao it was 100% faction imbalance.

I’m only rolling horde because I never played horde ever unless it was a level boost or race change and this kinda like a chance to see how the other side lives I always wanted to go horde but whatever alliance I feel has always been the band wagon.

Horde were largely outnumbered in most Vanilla servers, but that largely meant they were able to PvP faster and build up tons of rank and Honor. This at the expense of the Alliance who had super-long wait queues which truncated a lot of PvP guild’s attempts to…well…PvP in BGs.

Brother in law is going Alliance as a gnome rogue or warlock or possibly a dwarf hunter.

I am still going Horde. Horde thicker than blood. Undead mage or priest. Still deciding.

EDIT or undead rogue. Never played any of the three classes at all other than spriest up to 40.

Forum group forming. *2nd Update 8/8/19* Classic wow - BG Forum Fam

1 Like

I’m one of those OG Horde players on Blackrock. (May it rest in peace as it is now a dead server.) It’s true, Alliance suffered greatly.
But I think that’s always going to be the case on PvP servers. They will be more Horde dominated while PvE servers will be more Alliance populated. :woman_shrugging:

Nope, because I will be on a PVP server. I suspect a lot of the streamers will play on a PVE server due to them avoiding being ganked / camped; because that is what they are in for.

Look at this community and tell me that the masses are not lying in wait for the streamers just to camp them relentlessly?

You can in turn be thankful because Horde is typically unpopular on PVE servers; they will be doing you a great service as alliance improving your BG Q times.

I’ll be going alliance pve. Outside of my own personal playtime, the rest is just background noise.

I’ve been on Horde dominated servers, like Tich. This was way worse. I believe the ratio was around 6-7:1, for real. That’s not really viable. It’s not really a complaint, I chose that server because I wanted a challenge. Challenge is 2:1. I now know better.

The Horde was outnumbered in Vanilla and will likely be outnumbered on many servers in Classic. Not all, obviously, but many. The Horde racials are just not that daunting to many of us and we dont quake in fear at the thought of Orcs or Forsaken coming for us.
Second, what people are doing in the Beta means absolutely nothing. ALl that will count is what happens when servers go live, not the Beta or Forum Warriors or any of it.
Here are a couple facts you need to remember: No Blood Elves which make up the largest played Horde race. No paladins, death knights, monks, or demon hunters so good luck with that. Finally, private server data just doesnt work in this case. There are a great many people like myself who currently play WoW, who wouldnt touch a private server, and who are coming to Classic. Yes, people want to run off about tourists, but we have played since vanilla and we know what to expect. Also, we have been willing to pay for our experience and human nature tends to make people who suddenly have to pay for what they got for free more likely to move on. Just food for thought.

1 Like

Rolling Alliance for sure, feel like the people playing beta watched a couple of videos where people won’t stop jizzing over the Forsaken racials, so they rolled that.

1 Like

Yeah, 5 seconds with a 2 minute cooldown (unless they changed it.) I have a feeling a lot of people are in for a nasty surprise when they roll an orc or forsaken expecting to waltz through cc and end up dying.

I don’t think streamers have as big as an impact as you think when it comes to sheer numbers on 1 side or on 1 server.

In fact, I am aiming for a server with the least amount of streamers as possible, specifically one without Asmongold and Swifty.

I like both of them, I just don’t want to play with them because of their mob. I know I am far from the only one who is aiming to stay away from them.

I feel like I’m missing something. What is this huge impact that streamers have had? They only matter in the echo chamber of reddit etc. Otherwise I’m sure Alliance will outnumber Horde like they did in most classic servers because they’ve got the beautiful people. Of course morale was always higher in the underdog Horde.

Fist Bump!

This is one of the reasons why we are rolling alliance. We do not have hours upon hours anymore and sitting in queues isn’t fun when you are limited on game time. If anyone is interested in joining us, check out that post for more info or add my btag if you have any questions.

Xjd#11125

Those are facts, sure… but they don’t correlate or support any point you were making previously.

Blood Elves is a big detriment for anyone strictly looking to play a paladin… but by that logic, anyone looking to strictly play Shaman is forced over to Horde – This may not be an equal trade but one that is still close enough to undermine the significance of that fact.

No DKs, Monks, DHs – This applies to both factions equally so it seems irrelevant to the topic.

“Private Server Data” – The first thing that comes to mind is if p server census shows more Horde than Alliance than that already undermines your first point about Blood Elves since it demonstrably did not sway the population in the Alliance’s favor. Secondly, private servers are a sample of the ‘WoW Player Population’; it doesn’t matter if you personally weren’t counted in that sample because that’s not how averages work.

To the pay argument: There has been no ‘pay Blizzard for Vanilla’ option during the height of private servers. You can’t conclude that the people who played on private servers did so because it was free. I know many who played on private servers yet still wanted Blizzard to offer it themselves (in fact, that is what a large majority of the p server community was asking Blizzard for). I don’t know if you’ve taken a look around in the last 10 years but the subscription model for MMORPGs is antiquated. WoW maintains it because it can but anyone looking for a free MMO doesn’t have to look far. The gameplay of Vanilla is the biggest draw, not the price.

What do you mean by better zones? Contested zones? Well, since they are in fact contested, they belong to nobody. Starter zones? Can’t be serious right? You’ll only spend a couple hours there. Major Cities? Maybe. Depends on the player I guess. I like good old Org way better than SW for instance. I also dig the creepyness of UC way more than the thousand rooms in IF.

Also, really arguable about paladins.

Always Alliance… always.

Played on Dragonmaw PvP server during vanilla. Not sure if I’ll do it again this time just because I feel like I value my play time more now. While ganking nubs in world PvP was great fun since I don’t have endless hours to play like I did back then I may end up going PvE server.

I don’t believe that it will effect the overall balance too much. I watch Esfand because I find that I like his content and that he has fun while doing it. He plays alliance and I am a die hard horde player. In the end, my suggestion to anyone worried about faction imbalance would be to either avoid streamer servers, or wait to find the most balanced server.