Faction Imbalance: Blizzard is Outsmarting Us

Blizzard is a subsidiary of Activision and as a public company their sole goal is maximizing profits for their shareholders.

Now regarding faction imbalance, Blizzard goal is to distort the factions as much as possible before releasing paid transfers.

The worse the faction imbalance, the more paid transfers between servers hence the more cash for Activision.

Of course they will never admit this publicly as the players would protest but that’s the most likely thinking behind their silence.

It’s like an anti-virus software, they create viruses so you are forced to buy the anti-virus software to protect your computer haha.

What you guys think?

7 Likes

#truth be told

Or… you know.

Faction imbalances have been in the game since the beginning, and blizzard just doesn’t care, because it’s a player problem. :woman_shrugging:

This isn’t a new phenomena, I don’t see why people seem to think it is.

8 Likes

Why? My theory is that a disproportionate number of ppl who are complaining about this here, are retail babies. Adapt and overcome is simply not in their dictionary.

when bgs come out and every horde player is sitting in 15-20m queues for wsg, we will see how fast the server imbalances change.

1 Like

Blizzard is exacerbating the problem by allowing more free transfers and today alone is proof of that.

Free transfers seems like nothing more then a nice gesture from Blizzard that some are taking advantage of. :woman_shrugging:

Yes, we all know that Blizzard can do no wrong. :man_shrugging:

Why do people say this? The shareholders don’t get any part of the profits. That’s not how that works.

Go back to retail. It’s perfectly balanced.

Fun theory!

But I think they disable the numbers to prevent us from over-reacting to so-called faction imbalance.

I think most of the time, somebody loses 3v1 and immediately starts blaming imbalance instead of not being able to find two other friends.

Even when you have imbalance it is hard for there to be imbalance everywhere at one time.

There are a coupe servers that seem a bit out of whack but I dont think there is a grand design. I mean, just increase sub costs by $1…

2 Likes

I don’t understand how Blizzard is behind a scheme to “distort the factions” when you are the one that selects where you create your toon.

But yeah, alright.

2 Likes

Your lack of stock knowledge is astounding.

1 Like

Right.

Until you realize Blizzard has never in their history done anything for faction imbalances ever.

1 Like

True, the law requires that. BUT the humans in the company can decide HOW they maximize profits. Traditionally Blizzard has decided that “making WoW fun for players” is the BEST way to maximize profits.

I think this is 100% false. The law does NOT require Blizzard to use this strategy, or to trick players, or to manipulate players. The law does NOT say they must “make the max profit in every possible way, in every possible situation.” Making player happy is far more important than this.

You are ignoring the other possibility: Blizzard has NO idea HOW to make faction balance better. You believe Blizzard can fix this problem, and chooses not to. I believe they cannot fix it.

Classic is a copy of a 14-year-old game. If there was an easy fix, surely Blizzard would have done it in those 14 years.

1 Like

“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”

2 Likes

Is there going to be a faction change service?

Or do you mean Horde players will roll new toons on Alliance and level to 60 again?

Blizzard is doing some low key subtle changes to this game though.

Edit: right, shunye’s quote, I’m too scrub to fix it.

It’s true. Horde has longer que times on retail, it will be the same on classic. Start your alliance alts now so your 60 before bgs are released if you want short ques.

Can’t blame blizzard for everybody wanting to go horde. Racials were the same 15 years ago can’t change anything now.

Shunye wrote that quote. Not me.