Faction Decisions (Help me)

Hi! I’ve been playing on and off on several realms, mostly with friends but I’m genuinely interested in playing on a roleplay server and Grob seems like to the place to be. That being said, I am having HUGE trouble deliberating what faction to roll. I’m only really experienced with Wrath as far as legacy servers go so Vanilla is a bit new to me, any advice on who’s banner to fly?

Particularly, which side is more active as far as RP goes? As that’s something I really would like to get into.

Both Factions are even. Both are active in RP and everything else that need be said. But right now Horde doesnt have a whole lot going on other than some meme guild antics and Final Boss. Alliance seems more organized atm.

Personal observation.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve been with the Horde on Grob for a little while (Hence the Warlock I’m posting on) but I just chalked the lack of RP just up to me being too low to encounter many guilds doing it. I suppose I could check out the alliance.

I mean Im considering rerolling, mostly because the GF is going to want to play GAY ELVES.

Ive been on Horde for so long, not like it matters. Just hope P2 doesnt randomly decide to drop lmao

1 Like

They’re extremely gay, but damn if they don’t have some neat RP

1 Like

I actually cant stand being a Night Elf. Ever.

I can bear it, then again I live in an inner city and am over fascinated by trees, so maybe that’s just me

Its not that. Just their entire race is fruity as heck. They’re cringey in lore. Complain about everything while being unwarrently self important.

Highborne/Blood Elves mean while are CULTURED KNIFE EARED buttHOLES. Who dont hide from the world in a big tree and openly reclaim their lands from the Scourge and dont fraid of anything.

They even get high on magic. Even Kaelthas being a buster didnt stop them.

Also Tyrande acts like a crazy ex-gf.

And they still treated Illidan like crap even though he basically saved us in the end.

1 Like

I’ll never forgive what was done to Illidan. I don’t have nice things to say about Malfurion or Tyrande in that regard. Total breach of bro code.

Highelf nobility vs. Tree Hugging disloyal hoes.

I dont understand how Varian put up with it all these years.

Night elves are poop.

OP, go horde. We are fantastic.

If you can’t play the superior BLOOD ELVES play trolls or forsaken because they have awesome lore with lots of room to play with your RP.

For RP don’t focus on factions, but on the type of character you want to role play as.

Race and class will have a much bigger influence on how strangers will treat you than the faction you join. For example, rogues are often viewed with suspicion regardless of their faction while warlocks are thought of as diabolical given the profession.

But what if you want to break the mold and be something like a corrupt paladin, or a pacifist warrior, or an airhead mage who just barely passed her entry exam?

Doesn’t matter lol you still have to decide on a class first, a race second, and well, faction just comes bundled with the race you pick.

The issue here is that’s based on the times. RP is a solution to content drought. Right now everyone has lots of content to consume so only the most dedicated role players are actively RPing. That goes for both factions. No one faction has more RP than the other and active RP diminishes when new content drops and increases after that content has been consumed.

Some people might say stuff like “well I’m on this faction and in my experience things are like this,” but that’s just confirmation bias at play.

RP begins when yourself or others take the initiative and ends when everyone breaks character. It’s like Sonic holding onto one ring to stay alive. As long as there’s that one guy in your group reacting in-character, RP yet lives.

1 Like

If you walk into Goldshire and see a bunch of scantily clad women and a Dwarf /y everything he types.

RP lives.

If you are kooking for a true RP experience I suggest you roll on Deviate Delight horde. You wont find much RP on Grobbulus since it is full of pvp bros with non RP names who decided to join Grobb to avoid long queues on launch day.

Are you part of any of the discords for Grob or looking at any of our three newspapers. I know a lot of guilds hold “in guild rp events” but we have been publicizing events in those locations.

• ​Sept 26 -Thur 5pm Server - Cult of Forgotten Shadows in Deathknell - msg. Vallux for more information
  • Sept 28 - Sat. 5pm Server - Gnome Pride Rally - Meet in TinkerTown - Host Killerwatt/Flarefang -March and WPVP - All Alliance are welcome to attend
  • Sept. 28 - Sat. 6pm Server - Stormhorn Tribe hosts Buff Run event! msg. Arama and join the run to buff lower level players - possible PVP in Hillsbrad Foothills at the end of the run
  • Sept. 29 -Sun 5pm Server - Earthen Ring Escapades - RP Meet in Spirit Rise, Thunder Bluff
  • Oct 2 - Wed. 9pm Server - Tall Tales and Epic Fables - Thunder Bluff Amphitheater - RP Story telling -co-hosts Earthspear Clan and Redwood Tribes
  • Oct 5 - Sat. 4pm server - Lok’tra Tribe hosts March on the Wetlands. start in Tarren Mill whisper Apahu

just to give you an idea. (I don’t always have access to alliance side events, but last weekend they had 5 guilds sign an accord and planning on adding more on that side)

Anyway, that is just an example and I will be updating later today with what has been added in the last couple of days like Oct 13 will be a Kodo Drum Circle in Bloodhoof Village.

There is a Horde PSA forum post that has more information with websites, discord links, the three newpaper links:

Hope this helps!
Okwaho

1 Like

ಠ_ಠ

/10 char