Face it: DF priests just need an entire overhaul

Remake one of the specs, Blizzard, like you did to Combat Rogue, now Outlaw.

Rename the entire class from priest to Cleric or Clergy if you have such a negative affinity towards that word because of religious trauma if it will help you guys make it fun and cool again.

What gives guys and gals?

Is it too much to ask for a blue post every 2 weeks?

Is anyone home? Hello?

3 Likes

Bubble disc is dead.

5 Likes

Disc and Holy are fine. They have their niches and clear gameplay fantasy, whether you like it or not.

Shadow on the other hand is completely unfocused and unfinished, and needs a major foundational overhaul.

10 Likes

Either we all get one or none of us. Thereā€™s certain things I donā€™t like about the Holy tree myself.

2 Likes

Holy tree is actually kind of iffy tbh. I will not compare it to the mess that Iā€™ve heard for Shadow but we have some issues too.

2 Likes

Yep be all about shields and being able to heal with damage, without having to worry about atonement. Holy already has the strong heals so Disc would be able to do damage, shield, and heal at the same time without being annoying. Just take away the shadow spells and make new spells along the lines of schism.

1 Like

Youā€™re actually describing disc quite well. The annoying part is subjective though :man_shrugging:

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Now bro you know schsim is an arcane spell. More arcane spells for disc pls. Swap out dark penance for arcane missiles

Iā€™m beginning to think our first blue post is going to reinforce the fact that devs have no idea what to do with priest.

2 Likes

yea i would love for them to allow priest period to tap more into the arcane.

Theyā€™ve at least made some changes, but itā€™s a bit odd how much visible and frequent feedback hunters are getting when the priest tree has been out longer.

4 Likes

Yeah tbf the hunter trees were absolute trash IMO but the communication is still very lopsided.

4 Likes

Yeah Even Khadgar in the WoW movie used Holy magic to dispense of a possessed Medivh.

If mages can use Holy magic, why canā€™t priests use Arcane magic?

to be honest, with envokers healing spec in-game. Iā€™m surprised we are not including time magic for priests. Clearly, we see Anduin use Time magic with his holy spells to showcase a moment in the past to Jaina.

Its not far-fetch at all to do this. I think it fits quite in the spec itself.

Holy focuses on holy/light spells more with a little shadow.
Disc is the in between the two with mainly Arcane / time magic.
Shadow focuses more on Void/shadow with a little light to maintain its hold in priest world.

I think adding arcane / time healing would be the best thing Disc could see in a long time.

Let the evoker keep the time stuff. Disc is fine with a ā€˜balanceā€™ of light/shadow and maybe a bit of arcane or wtvā€¦

While priest could have access to a bit of ā€˜arcaneā€™ of wtv and it males sense in the lore. It doesnā€™t make sense for a priest to be 100% not holy/shadowā€¦

We have ā€œsomeā€ arcane spell lore connection lol

• Starshards
    Rains starshards down on the enemy targetā€™s head, causing 936 Arcane damage over 6 sec.

Yeah I know. Some is fine. But not the whole toolkit nowā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh right I totally forgot the NE racial priest ability.

I donā€™t think it does at all.

Iā€™m truly under the impression shadow should be moved into a new class for void related stuff with each spec working with a different old god.

Then add a new dps priest spec based on Whitemane in HoTS and the Scarlet Crusade. Call it ā€œInquisitorā€ and have them burn enemies in holy fire. Boom that fits priest theme far better. Then let shadow do its own thing and stop tying it to a class that it has drifted further and further from and instead let it embrace the new Old God fantasy they have been on since Legion.

1 Like