Eye of Aman’thul - Where is It?

Where is the Eye of Aman’thul? I think it is still in Dalaran. I don’t recall it being used anywhere when the Legion invaded.

As a Nightborne, I want it returned to Suramar where it belongs!

It’s in Dalaran. It should be held under lock and key by a neutral party. Too much temptation to mess with time. Or it should be given to the Bronze Dragonflight.

6 Likes

I could be convinced to let the Bronze Dragonflight have it. Dalaran is basically Alliance so I’m not into letting that “neutral” party keep it.

Didn’t Khadgar say that the Pillars of Creation were in the Tomb of Sargeras keeping the Felstorm sealed shut?

Azshara of course grabbed the Tidestone theoretically opening the Felstorm again so one would think Dalaran is busy holding off a swarm of Demons from Argus while we deal with the Mawsworn in the Maw.

Furthermore if Archimonde turns out to be still alive(Blizzard noted that since Archimonde died in Draenor in the official WoD ending Cutscene his death is still in the air) he would probably be looting the Tomb of Sargeras of everything it’s got.

Archimonde wants only one thing and that is power. Archimonde is unaware of the Blank Scroll of Pandaria so the only things of value from Azeroth are the Pillars of Creation and nearby Azerite Mines which are so close to the Felstorm that neither the Eastern Kingdoms nor Kalimdor are going to notice Archimonde invading.

Only Dalaran is going to notice. Archimonde may already have the Eye of Aman’thul and the rest of the Pillars of Creation in his possession considering how badly guarded the Tidestone was.

All he needs now from Azeroth is the Azerite and there are so many Azerite ruptures all over Azeroth he can just mine them without invading the Alliance or Horde territories.

2 Likes

That is a good point and observation… for all we know Azshara could have made deals with the Pillars with not only Archimond, but also with others like we saw in N’zoth Raid fight… heck it could have been a team effort… of different powerful individuals of different places… :face_with_monocle:

Waaaaaiiiiit… Could the Eye of Aman’thul be use for someone as powerful as Archimond to take the place of among the Covenants mainly the mysterious Revendreth Ruler… that far in the past?! :scream:

Archimond did seem to be more into the Shadow Arts like Necromancy and dead Old Gods stuff…he be after also the Black Scroll, among other powerful items than the focus of his Master Warlock Kil’Jaeden buddy, as his thirst for power would see him try to become a Sargeras in his own right in SL if left un-check…(IMO) :thinking:

With Archimond believe dead and a time travel artifact to help him optain more pillars and a Black scroll this could turn into a new thread all together… unless its part of the big story of SL…? :thinking:
Hmmm then again the Ruler in Revendreth seem more like a Dreadlord origins race conspiracy theory of their manipulation of all events in WoW universal history in all the Cosmos… than anything else… :man_shrugging:

Omg would we really see all 4 WC3 Heroes at some point in SL: Arthas, Kel’zuzad, Kel’thas and Illidan as part of this big story in the end? A 2vs2 cinematic fight only to join in the end to fight Archimond! :exploding_head:

Oh man all this spec only hypes me more to SL! Can’t wait! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m pretty sure we placed it around that portal that we followed Kil’jaeden through in the Avatar of Sargeras’s room?

2 Likes

The Blank(as in has nothing on it and is completely blank/empty) Scroll’s existence is unknown to Archimonde(as in he does not know it exists).

The Blank Scroll of Pandaria is a Scroll that can rewrite reality to the nearest Storyteller’s statements though said rewrites can be reversed if the storyteller claims the story never happened.

If Archimonde were to get his hand on the Blank Scroll he could rewrite Argus to look more aesthetically pleasing to him and empower himself as he sees fit!

Good thing he doesn’t know it exists!

Now on to the things Archimonde probably does know exists:

As for what Archimonde could do with the Eye of Aman’Thul: he could get Elisande’s powers and rewind Time 3 or more times in a fight. His Azerite mining deployment would get done quicker.

As for what he could do with the Hammer of Khaz’goroth: He could forge mountains and reshape Argus in his own image.

As for what he could do with the Aegis of Aggramar: The Aegis could provide him with a shield like the one Aggramar used when fighting us in Antorus.

The Tears of Elune have not much use besides spreading purity or(when corrupted) corruption into those it is exposed to so Archimonde would simply corrupt it then store it in Antorus.

The Tidestone is in Nazjatar keeping the waves at bay. Once he has discovered it’s location Archimonde will probably send his armies he has to grab it for himself and since he has the Eye of Aman’thul the armies will keep coming through the Felstorm so his obtaining the Tidestone is pretty much inevitable.

Once the Tidestone is in Archimonde’s possession the Demon Lord will probably just have his men mining Azerite(as he probably has Demons stealing knowledge from the Kirin Tor) as there is no Auchindoun filled with Souls to loot.

All of Kul’Tiras’s relics are destroyed and the only things of power in Zandalar(the Titan Construct Taloc and Mythrax’s pet Zoatroid) are also destroyed.

Nothing that Archimonde could learn of can be used by him anymore. He is not likely to learn the existence of the Lorevaults of Pandaria. Kil’jaeden himself only targeted Pandaria to get rid of the Monks(either by attacking or through poisoning) and never knew it had anything of value.

1 Like

This, supposedly. I don’t remember that actually happening when I did the raid, but I’m pretty sure that’s what the lore is.

Oh nice! I need to write some of these reference down! This might work very well…

Thank you! :relaxed:

Is there quest text or a cutscene that shows this. I don’t remember it? :thinking:

I added some comment on Wowpedia about this. I think it is just speculation with no evidence.

As I said it’s a good thing that Archimonde know about the Blank Scroll or he could recreate the original form of Argus to the last detail in the exact spot where Argus was when apart of the Great Dark Beyond(as opposed to it’s current place in the Twisting Nether) in order to bring about a story about what would happen if Kil’jaeden decided to side with Velen rather than Archimonde and the Legion.

You can be sure that Archimonde would demonstrate the Legion’s power by casually turning Mac’Aree into a copy of one of the Pandaren Stories he had to go through in order to get the Blank Scroll(preferably the one about the Pandaren Sand Witch and her Desert) leaving only Kil’jaeden and Talgath untouched.

Archimonde with his new Argus to toy with and flaunt in Velen’s face would be a nightmare to face since Archimonde would direct the story according to his whim until someone grabs the Blank Scroll from him!

https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Power_in_Our_Hands#Description

My mistake: it was Magni who said it not Khadgar. Still the statement that the Pillars are keeping the Tomb sealed is indeed ingame.

2 Likes

Ooooo sweet, this is perfect, THANKS! :muscle: :grin:

I never thought WoW had a Elder Scroll equivalent in the Blank Scroll… Its so hard to keep track of so much lore in a 10+ game… thanks again for the reference and pointing out some interesting concept of how an Character like Archimond could use such an artifact… Its just perfect for a story campaign or just silly story telling. :sweat_smile:

Hmmm I starting to wonder if Azeroth is really a Titan or some kind of Nexus of reality in the WoW Universe… it seems to have so much stuff with cosmic levels of power, reality and time bending stuff… :thinking:
Maybe Sylvanas was right… the world was some type of prison… hmmmm :man_shrugging: :yum:

To hell with the Eye of Aman’thul.

I want the Focusing Iris so I can begin manufacturing Mana bombs on an industrial scale and then use them to wipe out all life across the face of Azeroth.

And here we have another powerful relic that Archimonde could want in easy reach! The Focusing Iris is right in Dalaran too no less!

Archimonde could level cities using that thing! Technically he could level cities just by building sculptures of the cities and destroy them. Archimonde has a lot of power he can use outside of combat.

During combat his attack strength is weaker since city destroying spells need prep.

Yeah I agree with this too, but I think Magni, and/or Khadgar could be wrong about the pillars needing to remain there.
Point being, the Nightborne sealed that same portal with those same pillars 10,000 years ago, and then they got scattered all around the Broken Isles, and the portal remained shut the entire time.
Now we know the Tidestone was stolen by the Naga, yet no alarms have been sounded about the portal opening again.

Also another thing, if the Eye is around the portal we chased Kil’jaeden through, and sealing it…who set it up? If Khadgar set it up, how did he follow everyone else through? And why would Illidan need to use the Sargerite Keystone to open a new portal back to Azeroth?

Another thing, if the Eye of Aman’thul is still in Dalaran and can be used, does this mean it could become a new time travel macguffin, for future time travel shennanigans?

2 Likes

If this was the case, then the felstorm should’ve happened ages ago since all 5 pillars were not in the tomb until we put them there.

Four out of the 5 pillars were basically keys that allowed you to go down into the actual tomb of Sargeras. Which is why you need to lock those 4 into place to gain access to the Maiden of Vigilance fight (1 of them you put in prior in the Cathedral Dungeon). Keeping the tomb sealed could simply mean the lock to the chamber of the Avatar is once again under lock and key, not necessarily only keeping the felstorm shut.

I don’t think removing 1 key would suddenly open up the felstorm. As for the Eye of Aman’thul, I don’t think we actually used it. Instead Kil’jaeden closes the portal himself and we chase after Velen who ran into it. Khadgar notes that the portal is closing and he wants to use the eye of aman’thul to seal it, but of course that never happens as we all (Khadgar, Illidan and the players) go into the closing portal to recuse Velen.

Archmage Khadgar says: The portal is closing! We can seal the Legion’s gateway and end this invasion.

Prophet Velen says: No! No more running! No more hiding! I must finish this!

Archmage Khadgar says: Velen! Stop!

Illidan Stormrage says: Sealing the portal buys us nothing, archmage. Whether it takes a few years or millennia, the Legion will return. Over and over again, until too few of us remain to fight them. It is time to seize our fate. We must use the portal and follow the Deceiver into the abyss. It is the only way!

Archmage Khadgar says: I agree. It is the only way. Go, champions! We have precious little time to save Velen and return before the portal closes.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Fallen_Avatar#Quotes

Of course, the portal closes on us when he push Kil’jaeden to phase 3 (as he brings us to Argus). Hence why Illidan had to use the sargerite keystone.

Are you saying he is implying that the Eye of Aman’thul will be used for closing it?