Eye beam question

if i interrupt dh eye beam, would a dh be unable to use certain useful skills? if so, which ones?

Same as interrupting anything else, it interrupts that school of magic. In this case, fel-based abilities.

To my knowledge, while it interrupts fel, it won’t prevent usage of any other abilities (except maybe Fel Barrage), since Eye Beam is our only fel “spell”. It does, however, prevent the DH from gaining the very powerful Furious Gaze buff, and prevents the remaining damage from that Eye Beam. Since it’s the only thing interruptable on a DH (unless they take Fel Barrage), there’s little reason not to interrupt it, unless you’re saving that interrupt for his teammate.

1 Like

Interrupting eyebeam locks us out of all our magic abilities. Fel Blade, Chaos Strike, and Immolation Aura.

1 Like

Does it? Those aren’t “spells”, and traditionally interruption spells doesn’t affect melee abilities, even if they are the same school. Pretty sure that interrupting an enhancement shaman’s heal, for example, does not lock out Stormstrike, despite them both being nature abilities.

Granted, I don’t really have any PvP experience, but if Eyebeam does work that way, it would seriously surprise me.

Eye beam is Chaos Damage, which is all schools so if you get kicked on eyebeam it locks you out of everything except maybe blade dance and throw glaive to my knowledge.

If it says magic dmg in the spell tooltip, it’ll get locked out for a few seconds when eye beam is successfully interrupted.

Fair enough, I stand corrected. Odd, though.

It only locks us out of Fel Barrage and Immolation Aura, as those as considered spells. I believe everything else is usable still. I’ve been kicked on Eye Beam several times and this never kept me from using Annihilation, Death Sweep, Fel Rush, Vengeful Retreat, Fel Blade and Throw Glaive.

WoW has a very odd definition of what a school of magic is, just like how Warriors can’t Thunder Clap when they are silenced. Like, why can’t you stomp your feet on the ground if you can’t speak?

See, this is what I expected. Immo Aura is understandable, but Chaos Strike/Annihilation?

I’mma have to test this.

I did arena all last night. Getting kicked on eyebeam locks you out of all other magic spells. Blade dance is still available but chaos strike, fel eruption, nova, and even breath of the dying gets locked out.

Rain from above is not locked out and neither is fel lance when you get to the top of rain from above.

Once again, eyebeam is chaos damage as is Annihilation/Chaos Strike, just because you have to be in melee range to use it doesn’t take away from the fact that it’s from the Chaos school of damage, which is ALL DAMAGE except physical.

Having eye beam interrupted does /not/ lock you out of chaos strike/annihilation.

Can definitely confirm this. I’ve fought many a Havoc DH in pvp, and I assure you, interrupting their Eye Beams never stopped them from continuing to CS me.

Ok, decided enough was enough and went and tested it out with the help of a patient guildy of mine.

Being interrupted during Eye Beam DOES lock out:

• Immolation Aura
  • Imprison
  • Torment
  • Chaos Nova
  • Consume Magic
  • Active essence attacks (ex. Reaping Flames)

Being interrupted does NOT lock out:

• Blade Dance / Death Sweep
  • Chaos Strike / Annihilation
  • Demon’s Bite
  • Throw Glaive
  • Fel Rush
  • Vengeful Retreat
  • Disrupt
  • Darkness
  • Blur
  • Spectral Sight
  • Metamorphosis

Being silenced also locks out:

• Darkness
  • Fel Barrage

However, note that these tests were done without Fel Barrage (or other active talents) talented, so the lack of an interrupt lockout sweep on it on my bar may just be because I don’t have it in my spell book (though it does show the sweep on my bar for a silence even if untalented, see screenshots).

Ref: https://imgur.com/a/l9vSFNw

That’s about right. I actually completely forgot about Chaos Nova, Imprison and Consume Magic falling on the Spell category. I was still very sure our other damaging abilities were not locked out when interrupted as I’ve been interrupted very often in PvP and this never kept me from using any of those abilities.

But you know what’s funny? You can still Throw Glaive even if you are Disarmed. WoW is weird lol. Still can’t get my head around Warriors not being able to stomp when silenced :stuck_out_tongue:

wait, can warriors still use “throw weapon”

Interrupting any spell doesn’t “Lock Out” any spell. if just stops THAT SPELL, any the caster just has to wait the 1.5 sec to cast it again.

Like every other Class abillity, DKs either took them or got a better version of it.

Nonono. Interrupting (kicking) a spell cast does lock you from casting that specific school of magic for 3 seconds.

It’s actually variable depending on the interrupt:

• Mind Freeze (DK): 3s
  • Disrupt (DH): 3s
  • Skull Bash (Druid): 4s
  • Counter Shot (Hunter): 3s
  • Muzzle (Hunter): 3s
  • Counterspell (Mage): 6s
  • Spear Hand Strike (Monk): 4s
  • Rebuke (Paladin): 4s
  • Silence (Priest): 4s (NPC-only, it only functions as a silence effect against players)
  • Kick (Rogue): 5s
  • Wind Shear (Shaman): 3s
  • Spell Lock (Warlock): 6s
  • Pummel (Warrior): 4s