‘ey prot warrs, do any of you raidtank with SOME DPS gear?

Like the title says. Since mobs hit for much less in Classic than they did…elsewhere, do any of you mix DPS gear into your itemization for more threat? I’m part of a Tankadin think tank, and some of us have had great success doing this. Just curious to hear if you have, as well.

the fury-prot standard tanking build involve many DPS piece like onslaugh girdle and such… there’s nothing new here.

1 Like

I ask, because back in the day every prot warr on my server ran some variant of 8/5/38, and wore full tanking plate with no DPS gear unless they were actually DPSing. Tankadins were also laughed at, but it turns out we are optimal for some fights, but no one knew how to play one to its max potential back then.

There’s a lot about vanilla that we didn’t know then, but do now. Was just curious to see if prot warrs had learned any new tricks, like we did.

that stuff was figured out by BWL when DPS war scaling started to skyrocket.

it only got polished after 15 years of Pserver… you’re behind my dude.

as far as Pally go : they may be optimal for some fight, but their inability to taunt and limited mana bar make them completely worthless on some encounter while warrior are good at everything… this is why people don’t bother gearing up/relying on protadin in raids.

now, tank loot isn’t exactly highly contested so if you want to pick some offpiece when your current 2-3 tank have their stuff? go for it.

Dude, the point of this post was to see if prot warrs had changed their gearing at all to account for what we know now, not to start a pissing contest between warrs and pallies.

It sounds like some warrs have, and have been doing so for some time. That answers my question. Thank you for your time.