Extremely Slow Download Speed in BNet Launcher

I’ve been having this issue for a while now. Bandwidth settings have no limits or any schedule but still it’s been extremely slow. It starts rather fast when downloading an update begins but soon after download speed crawls down to only few KB/s. It looks like the change happens based on remaining percentage of download, not after a certain time which means regardless of if it’s a huge update in high hundreds of MBs or GBs or only minor updates in around 100 - 200 MB most.

After about 20% of download at good speed, it goes down to the ground. I know it’s not just a visual glitch either since I have speed monitor apps and have also double checked in task manager. When it shows speed is only in few KB/s, it’s exactly that.

can confirm this, last couple of times i have been required to download updates they have been small, 50mb or so, but the download speeds at single digit kb/s. Im currently downloading some 53mb update updating at 2.24kb/s

i got higher download speeds than that 24 years ago on dialup.

Another update, another extremely slow speed. This “little” update was already over 20 mins when I took the screenshot.

I’m getting the same behaviour. I’m required to download a 492mb download almost every day for the last couple of weeks, and it is extremely slow. Says “initialising” for almost 20-30 minutes. What’s going on?

Same - currently sitting at 30.6 KB/s. Unacceptable.

1 Like

Didn’t get a screenshot but it’s been doing this to me for at least the last couple months, maybe longer. Initializing takes forever as well, much longer than the whole process used to take. Just now there was a download almost 500MB (megabytes). It ran my full connection speed of 10Mbps until it got to about 10MB (megabytes) left, then slowed down to around 10Kbps. Instead of downloading that remaining in about 9 seconds, it took 5 minutes. My download is set to full speed and I always have my router’s bandwidth graph up so I can see how fast things are going.
i9 9900KF, 32GB RAM, M.2 SSD, 980 Ti and wired gigabit network.

Here we go yet again, there was a minor update and had to sit through it for about half hour…

No response AT ALL from anyone in Tech team? :yawning_face::sleeping:

The initializing part takes forever too, this is getting annoying. Also the bnet app on Android have my friends being gone yet again.

Got stuck on “initializing” for over 10 mins at 339.69/491.44 MB, you guys can check why that specific mark had it stuck…

And then after long time it finally started downloading which as usual happened rather fast at the start and then “snoozed” near the end.

I’m also experiencing this right now.

Here we go again!

Stuck at mark [268.29/489.21 MB] for about 10 mins now while initializing…

Edit:

And when it got into “Downloading”, this time it slowed down at 33% yay!

Edit 2:

It’s getting only better worse!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.