Extreme freezing and performance issues in Sepulcher

this is my dxdiag the pastebin link in my prev post

Update from my end:

Cleaning my case (to improve GPU temps) and moving the WoW install to the C drive didnā€™t resolve the issue. My GPU temps did improve by a degree or two, but itā€™s still in the 75-80 range, which should be perfectly acceptable for an Nvidia card.

So, I tried to remove the graphics driver again, but this time I used the DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) tool to fully remove the driver and reinstall the latest from Nvidia. Much to my surpriseā€¦so far this has worked. Iā€™ve been able to play for longer periods without a freeze thus far. I did dailies last night and this morning along with a couple bosses in LFR as test cases. Tonight I have raid with my guild, so weā€™ll see if it holds. If it does, then the issue is either resolved or at least back to a manageable level.

To comment on Karshā€™s experience. Removing my addons, uninstalling and reinstalling, and moving the install were all unsuccessful for me, and in fact made my issue much worse to the point where I could no longer log in to a character without forcing DirectX 11. Also, after looking at your dxdiag Karsh, we both have a GeForce GTX 1070 card, which could be a common element to the issue, possibly.

Thank you! I will try what you did tonight, and update here if it works

I used DDU and completely removed all my nvidia drivers/programs. re installed fresh.

I just did all my dailies and world quests in ZM and no crashes at all. I dont have time to do LFR right now to test the raid, and my next guild raid night is sunday. I will try LFR and hopefully a key later tonight. Thank you so much this seems to have done the trick!

Seems to be fixed. I ran a full lfr with no issues and killed rares in zm for over an hour, no crashes

Yay! Iā€™m glad that worked for you and that things are better. :slight_smile: I ran my raid and quests today, no issues. So Iā€™m about 90% sure itā€™s solved for the moment. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been having this issue for at least two days. I wanted to give my input that uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers work for me, too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.