Extreme Crashes with 19 Series AMD Drivers

For the past two weeks, I have experienced in-game crashes using AMD Drivers 19.1.1 and 19.1.2, which are the latest drivers available from AMD. The crashes occur randomly (such as: standing in my garrison, trans-versing zones via mount, and at the beginning of a dungeon run). In some cases, the crashes have caused my entire PC to reboot. I have however, discovered a workaround: uninstalling either of the above drivers, then, installing the Nov. 2018 AMD driver (18.12.1) results in normal behavior for WoW (no crashes as of yet). Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, has installing the Nov. 2018 driver fixed the issue(s)?

I am sharing this information here in hopes of finding a more permanent solution. My other games work fine (Black Desert Online and Final Fantasy 14, to name a few) and WoW is the only game I am having issues with. To end this post, I will share my PC specs in case it helps in finding a fix.

• GPU: AMD RX 580 (8GB)
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 4790 (3.60 GHz)
  • RAM: 12GB
  • Windows 10: Version 1809 (64-bit)
  • OS build: 17763.292.

Hey, Tyleridan!

Can you please elaborate on the type of crashes you are experiencing? I tried to search for submitted World of Warcraft exception crashes but nothing is coming up for you.

1 Like

Sure. I was able to take a few photos (with my phone’s camera) of the crashes, and this is what I am seeing:

"This application has encountered a critical error:

Error#134 (0x85100086) Fatal condition!
Program: C:\Program Files (x86) World of Warcraft_retail_Wow.exe
ProcessID: 7308
File: d:\buildserver\wow\2\work\shared-checkout\branches\wow-patch-8_1_0-branch-fastpatch-8\engine\source\gx\src\d3d12\gxdeviced3d12.cpp
Line: 6176

Crashed setting graphics PSO pointer: 0x000001fbaf5abda0

I hope that helps.

It does help indeed!

It is the AMD Shader Cache issue we have been seeing.

As of right now the only solid workaround that sticks is swapping the API to DirectX 11. We have an investigation going for a solid fix. I wish I had more details to share, but all I can say is we are looking into it. :wink:

1 Like

I’ll update the driver and switch the API to DirectX11. Thanks for this!

No worries. Please let us know if you do happen to have other problems after switching to DirectX 11.

1 Like

OP have you tried playing in the lastest driver (19.1.1 or 19.1.2) in DirectX 11?

@Ibaraius, i am having these same issues with the new AMD drivers 20.9.1 and have changed to DX11

@Ibaraius, i am having these same issues with the new AMD drivers 20.9.1 and have changed to DX11

Edited by Blizzard - this topic is being locked as this is an old post which was bumped. Please create your own thread or contact support.