Extra bag slots?

Let’s not kid ourselves. You, nor I, are going to put forth the effort to disable them. If anything just remove sms and POOF they will be gone with absolutely no repercussions to your account’s security.

SMS protect isn’t even a security feature - it’s a notification system.

While I, too, am #nochanges this isn’t going to be a staw that breaks anyones back.

Why wouldn’t you have a cell phone? Do you still have a landline? Why?

You may choose to speak for yourself, but please don’t presume to speak for myself.

Thank you for sharing the information on how to remove them, it’s appreciated!

EDIT: The setting, in case anyone else is looking for it - is in the battle.net system, once you log in, on the “Account Details” page. Interestingly, this did NOT remove the additional bag slots despite relogging - yet. I will give it a day to “kick in” I guess.

I use it as a clock and to keep in contact with work. The whole purpose of getting it was to have a way to keep in contact with work. Less power outlets and priorities allowed me to toss my clock and use it for a clock.

My parents saw that I got a phone and I literally told them, “I have a phone, it’s for work. No i’m not giving the number to you.”

All of my close friends are right down the road from me. I can go visit them and if they are not home, I lost out on a whole whopping 5 minutes. Not a huge loss.

As for why I don’t like phones. I just don’t have enough going on in my life where I actually need it for anything other than work and a clock. If I could get a company issued phone that would be great. Sadly I can’t so it is what it is.

Let’s stop this stupid line of thought right here. There are multiple reasons but for some it’s because of cost and that money could be used elsewhere in ones life. Not everyone is swimming in money.

When I presume, I presume people will be lazy or take the path of least resistance. You don’t?

No problem.

If it does not immediately remove them you may need to resort to removing the authenticator for a short time, as well. If all else fails you might need to change the phone number attached to your account with a number that will soon be cancelled or changed.

If all else fails you might have to live with having the extra slots while I live without them.

There comes a point where it is just a lack of intelligence and common sense lol.

I do have an Authenticator added, but do not have the SMS app. I do not have the aditional 4 bag spaces in my Blizzard 16 slot bag.

UPDATE: Mine have now shown up. After adding my phone number and/or Enabling “Send messages to alter me about changes to my Blizzard account” I now have the 20 slot backpack.

Do you guys not HAVE phones?

I don’t have a cellphone either nor I am not interested in one. This shouldn’t be a forced option. I have the physical authenticator and have for years now. What does it matter to people if we don’t want a cell phone none of your business. Blizzard shouldn’t sell physical ones if they don’t want to provide that as a way over SMS.

1 Like

4 more slots if you allow Blizz to place a microchip with GPS under your ear skin

How would you feel if I told you they don’t sell physical ones anymore, at least as far as I can tell by looking at the shop. Unless places like Gamestop sell them, they may not make them anymore. I imagine they stopped making them when smartphones became ubiquitous.

I do sympathize with those who do not, either by choice or necessity, do not have a smartphone. I avoided owning one for as long as I could myself. I agree the issues of lack of e-mail notification options or supporting multiple accounts (perhaps an indicator that that is not as common as some would have us believe) is problematic and should be rectified. It seems arbitrary, and counterproductive to the purpose of this. However, I do kind of think people are losing sight of the fact that this is a carrot to combat the the problem of account theft. I am not sure we want to see the stick, as it would probably either be more invasive or more annoying (as more effective security measures are) for us the end users.

They stopped selling the Physical Blizzard authenticator - #15 by Kalviery in 2019.

In the end I just used a friend’s cellphone number - someone I wouldn’t mind having access to my account if it came down to that.

Blizzard’s system is asinine.

We have heard this before. ‘Do you guys not have phones?’

I didn’t sign up with phone, or SMS, only have my original FOB and I got the bag space… weird.

get something like textfree or something along those lines… Just send random numbers a text every 30 days to keep it active. Done for free with the emulator.

textfree, whatsapp, talkatone, ect are not supported by blizzard’s system. When you try to add a number from one of those services you receive a “The phone number is invalid.” error.

well that sucks… Guess you aren’t getting a bonus that has specific requirements that reduce their costs for support.

SMS protect does nothing special except sends you a notice of suspicious activity. It acts exactly as an email address would. It’s redundant. The authenticator, aka 2fa, is what increases account security.

On topic with this thread, however, is that there was ZERO mention of having to use the service until it was launched to live with articles neglecting that fact MULTIPLE TIMES.

Obviously they’ve determined sms increases security by adding another layer of identity proving you are who you say you are as well as increasing response time by the user which would, potentially, limit the damage done in the case of a compromise.

You’re not familiar with SIM jacking I take it.