Extra bag slots?

When you attach both the Blizzard Authenticator and [Blizzard Phone Notifications](https://battle.net/support/article/26824) to your account, your primary backpack size is increased. If you remove either the Authenticator or Phone number, your backpack reverts to its original size and the items in those slots are moved to free slots in another bag.

Well, ain’t that just a big FU. Not even going to apology for lying throughout the entirety of the PTR until a mass of people called them out on it.

Typical.

Got mine. Looks like I did the SMS at some point.
Do it for free bag slots. Or don’t, your choice.

Anybody that read that and though it was slots for bag instead of bag slots (as they have been called for almost 20 years) is an idiot.

7 Likes

Who thought this?

LoL? Lying about what?

1 Like

I don’t think they lied or deceived people.

If people would have taken to read the entire thing they stated:

I have no clue how 4 additional slots on their backpack comes close to meaning 4 more places for you to add bags.

1 Like

It was a lie by omission.

1 Like

I don’t even really know what we are talking about, Haseo, but I really like you, in general, so I’m giving your comment a like :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you read my post, you’d see where I said quite clearly:

‘I do not have a cell phone, I’m not going to get a cell phone’

I don’t feel I should require a cell phone to qualify for in-game perks. I think the authenticator, physically here in my hand and attached to my account, should be sufficient. Needing a cell phone to download an app to message me of account changes is nothing but unnecessary tech-clutter, particularly when they have a perfectly valid email address.

5 Likes

its a joke making fun of blizzard at blizzcon when they said “do you guys not have phones” when they were announcing diablo for mobile and got bad reactions

I have no clue how 4 additional slots on their backpack comes close to meaning 4 more places for you to add bags.

In this patch, we’re activating an additional 4 bag slots for any player…

Some people read this part and ignored or didn’t read the next part…

…will see the additional 4 slots on their backpack…

1 Like

To be fair, an extra 4 slots to your backpack is a big deal compared to what was available in vanilla. 4 extra bags is absolutely crazy, that’s double the available bags…

1 Like

“Don’t you all have phones” meme aside, why does a human not have a smart phone in 2020?

If I didn’t need to have a phone for work. I would toss my phone into the trash and never worry about another one again.

4 Likes

I have two accounts and one phone. No, the accounts are not ‘linked’ and I want them keep separate, for reasons that are primarily “I dont trust Blizzard enough”.

Apparently, a phone number can only be sync’d to one account (WTF WHY). But, I have no extra bag slots on either account. Both have the Blizzard authenticator attached, but only one has my primary phone number associated it with, and that account doesn’t have a 20-slot backpack (even with all addons disabled).

Hopefully this is addressed, but… Blizzard.

I personally do have the slots, and I personally also pay for two accounts - the way I do things is paying for my Blizzard accounts with pre-paid cash-loaded VISA debits, made under a pseudonym, and for the phone aspect, I use a burner service in the google play store which gives one or more burner number which stays permanently valid as long as it’s payed for. Do the same thing, pay for it with an anonymously loaded, pseudonym enabled pre-paid cash-loaded VISA.

And if you have two accounts and need two numbers, there you go - Burner + Regular Phone Number or Double Burner.

I personally don’t feel real world details should be made available for in-game perks either, however this is super in-expensive, and if your not at all worried about privacy and don’t mind attaching your real name, it’s even free.

That said if you DO mind, and want to give up nothing, again, using a pen-name for all online transactions is perfectly legal, as is using a random address generator within your state of residency, as is using pre-paid debits or blizzard gift cards to load balance to buy game-time with so you remain anonymous. And there’s nothing illegal about using a burner service from the google play store either. So even then, if your a privacy nut like me, you can still get the perks. Just make sure your using a payment method like a pre-paid debit or blizzard gift cards for various usecases where WoW is concerned, and don’t steal someone elses name, make your own.

That said, as I’ve shown, there are ways to do this and get the perks completely within the law and legally, and within Blizzards ToS. And ideally, you’ll want to do both for those extra 4 slots.

And for what it’s worth, I was under no impression we were getting 4 extra bag slots, that would be insane. That’s double the amount of bag space anyone else could have and is way too much of a perk to leave to the Authenticator / SMS Text. It was obviously worded to mean 4 extra bag spaces period.

I have no idea how anyone could have gotten them confused.

I was wondering the same thing and Chucktaurus made sense when I asked the same question.

It sounded like people only read the first couple of lines and didn’t bother to read the rest. I think if maybe if they did take the few extra seconds of reading the whole point, there would have been very little confusion because it was fully explained what was actually being added.

Honestly my biggest pet peeve is launching from the Blizzard Launcher now instead of the .exe - since if you launch from the .exe as I used too since it used to be quicker. And now it wants to Authenticate basically every time and that’s going, I feel, too far.

If I launch from the actual Battlenet Launcher instead of keeping it permanently closed however, it boots the game right to your character menu.

A way to boot from the .exe and NOT be delayed by a minute trying to get the finnicky and convoluted authenticator to work would be nice with these options on.

I honestly would love to know why you feel this way. I understand privacy concerns, but do you honestly have no use for a smartphone?

Personally, I’d love to see these extra bag slots removed from Classic. They were never there to begin with, and shouldn’t be there now, it looks and feels wrong to see them there.

Surely Blizzard don’t want to see people disabling the extra security to remove these? At least, if the insistence is there to offer this, make it an interface option to turn them off please!

#nochanges