Extending Azerite Knowledge

Those of us how hit exalted on BFA factions before Paragon caches were introduced just skipped out on War Table missions and world quests that solely awarded reputation. Think of it as a time saver for you.

I’m only wondering how many people will still do Islands if the primary reward is just AP after they hit cap. Yeah, the weekly war table mission can be gold, residuum, xmog gear, but will that be enough?

This. The entire system is designed with hyper-casuals in mind, meaning “people who play 1-2 hours a week tops”. It ensures that even the most minimal amount of effort will still result in leveling up if you’re at the bottom end of the “where your neck level should be right now” range, while keeping the top end of that range from going anywhere too crazy.

There’s really no point in actively farming AP unless you’re in a cutting edge guild or the catchup mechanism is paused. Why would you bother farming now when you’ll get more progress for your time spent next week? And when you won’t because the catchup is paused, leveling your neck is already as easy as it’s going to get for the rest of the patch cycle, so that’s when you want to switch into all-out farm mode.

3 Likes

Glad to hear this news. It will make my grind from Level 46 neck piece to Level 50 a lot faster for me.

1 Like

Lmao, why? So the people hardly out of normal BOD but in Mythic azerite gear can unlock level 48-50 ilvl420s?

Keep giving the people that actually play the game zero reasons & less than a few weeks before you give the welfare casuals everything and no one playing by next expansion. Make em work.

1 Like

Give us gold instead of AP.

Many people reached that level, which is not a difficult goal. How about people with world first or cutting’s edge or >2k8 pvp rating.

You’re exactly right. It’s a garbage system and no one enjoys grinding for multiple hours for literally a raindrop in a bucket that requires thousands more.

There needs to be 50% fewer AP quests, AP Quests need to give 50% more AP, and then maybe a potential cap. At the very least the first two. People should want to log in to do CONTENT (m+, raid, arenas, bgs) not keep up in an ever-moving goal post that is AP

2 Likes

Just use that time you spending grinding AP to do something that makes you gold instead.

4 Likes

Great decision guys!

HOA levels are gonna be low on average when players don’t want to be grinding for Azerite in the first place. But thank you for extending the “buff” for those that do want/need it

2 Likes

Wow, I can’t believe they listened for a change. It’s about time. You need to do more stuff like this. While you’re at it, enable flying. Too much of a stretch, I know, but will take the “Azerite Knowledge”, thanks.

This is reduced Azerite Power requirements? I thought this was normal. Holy crap it would take forever when this is gone.

Most boring, senseless, irrelevant expansion. Waiting for my subscription to expire!

Glad I came across this information. Thanks for extending the time frame.:thinking:

Thanks I guess.

Any chance we can get flying anytime soon?

HoA leveling game plan back on! 50 by 5/1!

So is there a point to leveling to 50 vs. not before 8.2?

TBH I’d prefer this azerite system get scrapped already. At no point this entire expansion I enjoyed leveling it. It’s definitely been a huge step backwards from Legion’s artifact system. Even when I got burned out in 7.2 when you guys decided to make it even harder to get AP. It didn’t feel as bad as this. 8.2 couldn’t come sooner. I hope what we get feels gamebreaking and worth the time to invest time to play again. My jam has been leveling alts and getting mog gears all expansion. Dabbled in Uldir but got bored quick because most classes feel completely subpar from legion.

Enjoy and I guarantee a gm won’t be redeeming those chests.

Wont affect me in any way (since I have my traits unlocked), and catch up in general has it pros and cons, but I think it will be perceived as a positive by most players, until they start complaining about lack of things to do.