Extended Queues Expected on Select Realms (Updated Aug 20)

NEW SERVER ANNOUNCED! Blizzard is showing signs of listening to players! An improvement! Is this the dawn of a new age?

You know they announced a new EST PvP server right?

2 Likes

4 of the servers were ā€˜Fullā€™ earlier today when I looked and none were at low anymore. Only 1 PVP server was at medium, itā€™ll be interesting to see how itā€™ll be on launch.

1 Like

So Iā€™m guessing we havenā€™t reached the population threshold for a new sever to go up? Iā€™m assuming thatā€™s it, since EU did get another server.

1 Like

We chose Pagle for our Alliance characters, and Mankrik for our Horde. We thought they paired better. :wink:

You realize thats because people only could log on and create their characters and leave right? if they are actually playing it will be far worseā€¦ there is a cap.

1 Like

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but I would much rather have layering + queues than have server-merges later on, which are such a bane to the communities on those servers. Thinking of the experience in the long run, and less whatā€™s just happening in two weeks seems wise IMHO.

I know thatā€™s not going to be a care for people on Herod and Whitemane, because those arenā€™t the servers that will end up getting merged down the road-- but still.

2 Likes

Nobody is gonna move off those realms. They rolled them knowing full well what was coming.

Herod/Whitemane will be unstable, queue heavy, lagging, for weeks on end.

When layering is disabled, it will be worse, and youll be offered realm transfers.

Expect it.

The only way to get people off Herod will be to open up new servers. Youā€™d think that would be obvious.

3 Likes

No YOU may want to consider making more realms!

Exactly why they just announced another EST-PVP realm: Stalagg.

They just released a new realm to be opened at 8pm est. THEY LISTENED.

They just did a recount for server pop. All servers med+, no low pop servers. And this is just from people reserving names, not including people who have yet to resub for classic. Do the math.

1 Like

We are in danger of becoming horde heavy. But everyone do come. . :slight_smile:

What are the data center locations for the realms please?

I used the looking glass tool but it didnt show any informatiom what soever for classic servers.

Please provide information about data center location so players can make a decision on where to play. I have seen many conflicting sources and right now I am believing the entire wowclassic server pool is hosted in los angeles CA.

1 Like

Even with a high concentration of players on two or three servers, Iā€™m thinking Blizz will want to wait for live, release day data before opening more servers.

This is just knee-jerk thinking, and I have not a quintillion of logic to back up my belief, except a feeling that a flood tide of initial logins has got to be expected, and Blizz might simply and honestly want to see how the high population servers cope on opening day, and for the first week of live game play.

I also think that the long queues and wait times are only the initial, not the sole, frustration with which players who never played Vanilla will struggle to cope.

Because of motherboard issues, I did not start to play Vanilla until June 05, and the queues and wait times were often contentious and frustrating.

Youā€™ve betrayed the Pagle Horde, and must relinquish your Alliance characters as a result ;( .

2 Likes

I guess since I have made my characters all on whitemane I guess Fairbanks is my next option. Darn.

Looks like the opposite from what Iā€™ve seen so far. Thatā€™s why Iā€™ve been trying to get more Horde recruits :P.

Join the Pagle Horde, we have special cookies for all members. Every fish cast has a bonus loot of a cookie included.

3 Likes

Mankrik needs more alliance! Get on Board! Fight the Horde!