Extended Queues Expected on Select Realms (Updated Aug 20)

Come launch day, they’ll probably roll out another dozen fresh servers to accommodate the people who haven’t even subbed yet and are waiting for the game to launch before they pay money for it.

The influx of people waiting will have an opportunity to grab names on launch day, and you can either sit in queue and wait, or re-roll on a less crowded server and take your chances on getting your name like all the people waiting until the last minute to sub.

Servers are full now with people willing to sub early, or retail players grabbing names. Most of the pserver folks haven’t even subbed yet and are planning on doing it last minute to get the most from their money paid to play.

TLDR: if you think it’s crowded now, wait until launch day.

They need to put some kind of limiter in where it gets maybe not locked but keeps factions within ± 10 of each other. Cant create a new horde char if theres 500 horde and only 490 ali and vice versa.

1 Like

Hahahahahahahha y’all suck! I’m rolling on Mankrik and Thalnos!

Good luck to those rolling in those, my launch experience will be smoothhhhh as a criminaaaal!

Tu experiencia de lanzamiento tendrá un conjunto de problemas completamente diferente, mi amigo.

¡Buena suerte en tu viaje!

3 Likes

Yeah exactly what I’m talking about (Rough numbers as an example of course). Sure it may limit people being able to play with their friends but we need something to force balance. Blizz probably would never do it but it would be a great thing for them to start thinking about with Classic, and even retail.

1 Like

I’d guess that Blizz is way more concerned with dead servers rather than over-populated ones. I expect Classic to be really busy for a month or two and then the more casual players will go back to retail.

Please #nochanges ! Queues are part of the authentic Vanilla experience. Thank you Blizzard!

People sitting right by these servers will have a lot more than just 6ms on us. More like 25+ of a difference. We have to jump through about 14 different servers to get there both ways…

BFA is a really good expansion, but the game essence was lost, so doesn’t matter how good are the Graphics and how many challengers is added, the game is design is broken. I’m from the vanilla’s age and will drop the actual wow for classic.

speak for youself… go get a job and do something bettter with your time.

In hopes of a eastern RP-PVP server. =)

1 Like

Id rather be on an overpopulated server with a queue than be on a dead PoS realm with absurd AH markets in 6 months…

1 Like

So many millennials on here. ‘I want this’, ‘You MUST do this’, ‘I won’t till you
do this’. Chill, please. Only 10 more days till it is LIVE!. Lets get playing on
the servers and let blizzard see how it is going before you flood the forums
with complaints about not enough servers. It is going to be over crowded
on all the pvp servers, get used to it. It may taper off later or not. Enjoy
the fact that you will be actually playing classic wow again on official Blizzard
servers again. Quit being whining babies with all the ‘I wants’ and lets
enjoy this as it happens.

3 Likes

Only nice sounding names are overflowing? I for one am shocked

Yeah, you’re late. When I posted that, they didn’t

introduces layering to reduce player congestion.
layering fails to solve player congestion.

1 Like

The issue is not where the servers are physically located - but the timing of in game events. Being in central time zone - I get to either have to rush home because the EST people are ready to start or stay up all night to play with the PST folks. So… just add a CST server.

1 Like

3k per layer I believe they said.

Shoulda had more like 2 more to begin with. A bit late for that now when alot of people have formed communities already and their name is important to them.

How about raising the cap of the server since you have the technical sever capabilities to do so, blizz?!?