Exploits or Clever Use

I’m just trying to see if anyone has gotten a response/answer from Blizzard. I never wanted to argue.

Again, glad you answered the /sit question. Bravo. Should I just start sending you a compiled list of known bugs/exploits of 1.12 and let you give me the run down on them? Since you love to trail mix an argument, and not answer it as a whole?

Sure, send me a list of exploits/bugs. Sadly I don’t pretend to know everything and I won’t be much help with 99% of them. Also, just because the /sit “bug” or “exploit” has been in the game 14 years doesn’t mean it will be in Classic.

To answer your question as “a whole.” No one but Blizzard knows, try Google and if you don’t get an answer wait until Classic or make a ticket to speak to a GM.

Wait… we’ve been here before haven’t we?

You don’t have to respond to peoples forums questions just as a heads up.

I am not going to comment on the individual facts because I know what works and what does not.

Regarding the direction of your OP, it’s a simple matter of "Did it work that way in original Vanilla?"

If the answer is YES, then it should remain.

If the answer is NO, then it’s a clear cut case of non inclusion.

People got banned all the time for using exploits.
Pretty sure we know which of these are exploits based off of that for starters.
Although I admit, #2 is the worst one.

Shaman is the only one that could never be intended or most likely not.
Mind control for buffs is probably intended, there have been dungeons/raids where mc for buffs or learning how to make elementium bars I think they are were necessary.

Sit had to be an attended use that I never new existed, but that would fall in clever use for pally procs.
Buffing people to limit most likely clever use, it is nothing like killing same faction because neutral totems or so.

Um…Isn’t the only way to learn Smelt Elementium by Mind Controlling that named NPC in BWL?

:cocktail:

1 Like

Hey buddy.

What’s that second one say?

Stick to your private server.

Cool, even though it’s directly contradicted by their own pre-TBC patch notes and several videos from actual vanilla WoW.

I don’t think it’s a contradiction. The patch note seems like it was referring to something like a generic on-hit proc, not the specific case of the auto-crit.

Regardless, it is clearly not a bug in Classic.

1 Like

The sit for crit is not in the beta thus won’t be in live, so no worries there

the to totems I’ve seen on streams have been instant red named not neutral so again we are safe,

No sure about the third one but I imagine it won’t make it in

And again unsure but imagine it too not making it in

When you’re so full of yourself you think you know more than the creator of the game. L o l

I hope Feign Death > Freezing Trap doesn’t work. :stuck_out_tongue:

Except I’m citing video evidence and official patch notes of the game in that era. Anybody from the original dev team that coded combat mechanics working on this recreation? No? Ok.

1 Like

Fairly sure it was confirmed that the Mind Control Buff mob was not a Exploit.
It was deemed put there was a ‘clever use’

/sit is NOT the same as mashing your X button to both sit and then stand:

Normally if you’re sitting down you would not get Reckoning charges from auto-attacks. However, you could gain charges from random NPCs by constantly sitting and standing up due to server lag: mob would try to attack you as your were sitting, so it’d be a forced crit. However, if you stood up just as you were getting hit, the server would see you as if you were standing and get a Reckoning charge.

^^^that’s from Baconn^^^

the Paladin who wrote the blue stickied Reckoning guide on the original vanilla wow forums - https://web.archive.org/web/20061206141810/http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-paladin/1069149.htm

TLDR - Exploit or not mashing X to gain charges was in vanilla and it was due to spell batching:

originally published on warcraft movies on 2006-02-24 https://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=15930

2 Likes

guess I will have to educate you as well then…

Normally if you’re sitting down you would not get Reckoning charges from auto-attacks. However, you could gain charges from random NPCs by constantly sitting and standing up due to server lag: mob would try to attack you as your were sitting, so it’d be a forced crit. However, if you stood up just as you were getting hit, the server would see you as if you were standing and get a Reckoning charge.

^^^that’s from Baconn^^^

the Paladin who wrote the blue stickied Reckoning guide on the original vanilla wow forums - https://web.archive.org/web/20061206141810/http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-paladin/1069149.htm

you need a refresher education too it looks like

3 Likes

you might want to reconsider the entirety of your contribution to this thread…

3 Likes

Except you’re not. You’ve literally not cited a thing. I don’t think you know what citing is.

1 Like

Fixing classic wall jumping??
Sounds unauthentic it was more of a feature though.