Exploiting right click report

On my server this is a huge deal. People think it’s hilarious to sit in discord and right click report people they don’t like in order to get them muted. If most cases the ban will stick even if no rules are broken …only a few times is it lifted but even then this is only IF the person opens a ticket and waits on average two days. During being muted you cannot form groups, you cannot sell anything in chat, you cannot even duel somebody. It removes a large portion of the game people pay for. Keep in mind these are people who have broken no rules…zero, none.
What happens to the groups of people exploiting the right click report button you ask? nothing…absolutely nothing. They continue to sit in discord and giggle to each other about how they got somebody “banned”. i have heard this in person, i have seen it happen to people i know, i have had it happen to me…i have even seen people bragging about it in chat. This should be looked into by blizzard as it is 100% a form of harassment only in this case a person can’t put the parties on ignore.

2 Likes

not sure what you expect anyone at Blizzard or on the forums to do about a discord channel or why you would expect that they could do something.

3 Likes

I expect it to be heavily weaponized by competition in the rank 12 through 14 grind once honor hits.

10 Likes

i’m pretty sure they could look into who is reporting things repeatedly that aren’t actually against TOU and ban them. It has nothing to do with discord.

3 Likes

Those are my predictions as well.

4 Likes

god i didn’t even think about that…how awful would it be to be almost r14 and have this happen…

4 Likes

Right Click Rekt

If I was in discord, I would be reporting this guy… then I would find someone to high-five while giggling

I guarantee it will happen. It’s a scaling punishment too. It can hand out 24 hour suspensions automatically. Even if it gets overturned, it takes longer than that for support to overturn it because the first response is automatic punishment upheld.

So youll eat your 24 hour suspension, lose that day of honor grinding, lose for the week and derank. But it’s okay that its abuseable because the punishment will get overturned by a rep after the 3rd or 4th ticket lol.

2 Likes

Whats weird is there is no punishment for abusing the system…i think if a few bans got handed out that if you right click report for reasons that are painfully obvious only for exploiting then word word spread…and it wouldnt happen.

1 Like

There is one, its just almost never applied. Unlike when punishing people automatically with an RCR bot, people who get punished for falsely reporting are actually manually investigated and Blizzard errs on the side of caution instead of assuming guilt and punishing before i investigating lol.

2 Likes

Myself and other have said it will be weaponized since Blizzard said it would be in classic (God forbid they have to de-automate something) And yet the awful feature finds loads of defenders who claim “it only squelches you!” when it’s been proven multiple times it DCs you from the game. I expect it to be used to sabotage PvP and also world boss MTs.

I don’t think people realize, perhaps because they don’t have enough experience, I don’t know, but I don’t think they realize that once something is automated, people will figure precisely how it works, then abuse it to take advantage of it.

4 Likes

If it has nothing to do with discord, you probably shouldn’t mention discord in every other sentence of your post. You are clouding the waters.

As for the overall topic, I have never been muted. Don’t know anyone who has. While I believe what you are saying is possible, I think it more likely you are using public channels to have personal conversations and people are reporting you for making it harder to use them for their intended purpose.

1 Like

Attention is well known Horde side on Bigglesworth for spamming general with memes, he did it in every zone for weeks to the point he was ‘known’ as that rogue who spams and is on people’s ignore lists.

1 Like

fake news
/10char

1 Like

“Guys I have to rite a 200 word essay for my university tomorrow, I’m so screwed!”

People guaranteed it would happen in the World First race for MC too.

:roll_eyes:

RCR didn’t exist during the WF race.

It was only introduced during WoD.

1 Like

The right-click report and auto-squelch features have been in the game since May of 2007.

People are going to care a whole lot more about the R14 grind, than they will about who roll’s through MC first.

1 Like