Exploiting layering to 'reset' a boss over & over?

There’s a post on the bug forum. How is this not being discussed more to get attention by Blizzard to fix probably the BIGGEST BUG resulting from layering in Classic? If you are able to farm a boss without moving and having to re-clear trash that completely destroys the economy. Talking about players making loads of money from blues, huge amounts of LBRS, etc…

5 Likes

Wasn’t like we created this big thread when layering was announced on how it could be exploited for both xp, loot, gold and resources.

13 Likes

Pretty much, but Blizzard is all trying to Jedi mind trick everyone and act like layering isn’t doing anything (at least going by their responses to the last few ‘issues’)

3 Likes

fake news
10 chars

From what I can tell seeing a streamer do it, it only worked solo. If you can solo a boss in LBRS without clearing trash, I guess, because the trash does respawn.

What boss are people farming for blues where layering can be abused? You see a random post in the bug forum and now the sky is falling. Calm down chicken little.

1 Like

You know that boss there that they can farm over and over all day long even though there is only 1/2 dozen or less layers that they can hop on they can hack it and go to each new dozens of times.

There’s a thread on classic wow reddit about a guild abusing it to the tune of 100k gold. You can get your party to the layer you were moved to so it’s not about solo-ing bosses by yourself… and being able to reset without being removed from the spot in the instance.

1 Like

Fake news.
Blizzard has stated that they have looked into all such claims and have found all of them to be false.

Wait you edited that to say reddit, so ya that shows it’s false.

3 Likes

100k gold? Do you have any concept on how much gold that is in the Classic econony? And youre saying a vague layering bug that you still haven’t explained led to a guild making this much? Through vendoring? Theres not all that much gold even IN the economy yet.

5 Likes

I’m not going to explain a bug thoroughly and get myself banned. There’s been a bug report on it in the wow classic bug report forum and there’s a thread on it with more detail on classic wow reddit.

1 Like

Explaining a bug on the bug report forrum won’t get you banned - and if you are worried about it beign seeing by others, make a post about it explaining it all, then edit the post and delete what you said, they can see the unedited post

lol you are still thinking that reddit is proof ?
The exploit didn’t happen, there is no way any guild has that kind of money already is how you know it’s not true.

Instances are layered?

Layering… In an instance? What?

3 Likes

Ya you can’t do this.

Literally fake news.

1 Like

Anyone have details on how to do this? Asking for a friend :joy:

BUT BUT didn’t you read there was proof !!! someone posted on Reddit that a guild (unnamed and not even the server named) had over 100k … yes 100k … gold from this.

Most SERVERS don’t have that much gold. Much less guilds.

You kinda can, but it’s nowhere near as effective as they make it out to be. I’ve joined another SM group on my way out of Cath and had everything, “including the boss,” respawn right on top of me.