Experienced mythic raider looking for 2 weeknight (Su-Th) Raid in Shadow Lands (multiple class options)

I can be rather long winded so if you want the short version, just read the important information.

Important information:

I’m looking for a decently dedicated group of raiders to raid with, and more importantly, some people that I might one day call friends. I am looking for a group that can get through 33-50% mythic on a given raid tier before the next raid is released. Obviously Ny’alotha is not a great metric due to corruption gear and tier length padding the stats, so progression in the previous 3 tiers will hold more weight to me. I am also ok with guilds that clear CE every tier, but would prefer not to have large gaps (2+ months) in raiding in-between patches if possible.

EDIT: My availability is (Su)M/W 8:00PM - 2:00 AM EDT (5:00PM - 11:00PM PDT) and Tu/Th 8:00PM - 11:00PM EDT (5:00PM - 8:00PM PDT) , and as it says in the subject, want to stick to 2 progression (mandatory) days. I understand that most groups have a “crunch time” at the end of a tier, and would usually be willing to temporally pick up an extra day here and there. I would prefer to stay alliance, and aside from something astronomical happening, I’m not going to be super interested in going horde at this time.

(Su?): My time commitment to raiding is very important to me. And I will usually have near perfect attendance when I am actively raiding. To accomplish this, I tend to turn down things IRL that would come up during raid days. However, I make an exception for weekends. While I am technically available to raid on Sundays, there are times that I will be getting back late from a weekend trip, and will need to partially or fully miss a Sunday raid night. This would happen very infrequently (twice in 6 months last time I had a Sunday raid,) but I want to be very clear with my intentions.

I will try out for the group, or hang out in discord or do whatever is required to make sure the guild and i are a good fit, but transferring requires at least a semi-guaranteed spot in the raid, provided I am able to meet all requirements and perform adequately. Basically, I want to make sure that we like playing with each other before I spend money to transfer. I should also note that I decided to skip the last raid tier (Ny’alotha) so I will not be geared for the current content, but I am happy to provide logs or be tested for performance anyway.

I am willing to play a class that will meet the needs of your raid! I have several classes I am willing to play in Shadowlands and have listed them below in order of preference. I am happy to discuss any of these and even consider other options if you like, but these would be my main preference for maining a class in shadowlands:

1. Frost mage (I am willing to arcane off-spec. I am not willing to play fire)
  2. Prot Pally (I am willing to holy or ret off-spec, but do not wish these specs to become my main if possible)
  3. Brewmaster Monk (I am not willing to play an off-spec on this class. If you wish to have me play a brewmaster, it must be with the intention of main or off tanking for the duration of the tier.
  4. Subt Rogue (I am willing to play combat or assassination off-spec) (I will admit I’m not near as excited to play this as I thought I would be, but it’s still a possibility)
  5. Destro warlock (I am willing to play demo off-spec. I will only consider playing a lock as alliance [I know, it’s odd])

Extra Information some people ask but you might not care about:

Raid experience and performance:

Aside from legion (skipped that expac,) and Ny’alotha (skipped that tier,) I have been in a progression guild of some manner or another for every single raiding tier wow has ever put out from 5 4-hour days in Classic to 2 3-hour days in Cata. If you want my exact progression for any particular tier simply ask. For the most relevant info, I was 5/8M in Uldir, 8/9M BoD, and 7/8M in EP.

I have run (lead) my own raid starting in ICC and took over the guild starting in Cataclysm. I continued to guild and raid lead until late WoD. The guild was called Fail Squad-Lightninghoof and started out as a more casual group of F&F. We managed to transition into a much more competitive team while still maintaining that close knit group relationship. I played various needed roles including a rogue, disc priest, and Brewmaster monk. And at our best we were in the top 2% world.

I understand the riggers and frustrations of leading a group, And while I can be outspoken, I am 100% ok with sitting back and following directions. However, I am happy to do any sort of raid calls/NPC marking/ground marks as requested, and i’m extraordinarily good at multi-taking in this manner. I also LOVE figuring out new strats and will often know every mechanic to fight front to back including timings before we start working on it. While I mostly just use this information for my own info, it can be nice to have someone who knows these things on the fly. And if anyone ever wanted toss some strat ideas around, I’d probably adopt them as my favorite person to whisper at :slight_smile:

I manage to parse very well and semi-regularly get orange parces but mostly sit in the epic parse range. Provided i’m not asked to do some dps limiting mechanic, I tend to rank in the 90% every fight.

I feel I am fairly adept at my job and learn quickly, However I have no problem taking criticism or admitting when I screw up. I try to play at a high skill level, but realize that there’s always room for improvement. It kind of comes with the territory of bring a F&F guild up to a competitive raid team.

KEYS

I love pushing keys, Reminds me of Challenge modes back in MoP and i find them to be very enjoyable. making paths, organizing skips, trying to squeeze the best strat you can out of them… I tend to keep a tank and dps spec ready to do these regardless of which class I’m playing. I would love to have a few people to run with who share this interest.

Personality:

I’m kind of a goof ball and I love to joke around a lot. I try not to use curse words but they’re a part of my every day life and I make no promises. My favorite raid environment is one that can talk and laugh about things and maybe try out something fun on a fight here and there, but gets serious and down to business when the stakes are on.

I do not like getting screamed at. I’m perfectly capable of being told off, or chided especially when appropriate, but I will not tolerate anyone who feels the need to scream into a microphone or belittle someone for making a mistake, even if that someone is not me. Riggnaros, for example, would never be my raid leader.

While I want to kill internet dragons, I really would like to meet some people I enjoy playing with. A group that’s a bit more close knit, and possibly meets up occasionally IRL would probably be my ultimate preference.

I’ll do many things for a laugh. If I do join you guys don’t be surprised to hear me crack jokes as if we’ve known each other for years. If I’m on a mage, You might also want to check the first portal I put down after raids to make sure it’s where you want to go, and if i’m on a priest, you might find yourself life-gripped into the fire on non-progression bosses :P. Most people find my jokes infectious and we tend to get along great. Occasionally someone feels I might act a bit too familiar too soon. I tend to take note of who is happy to joke around and who is not rather quickly, to avoid any personality conflicts.

What I like about raiding:

At the end of the day I like the excitement of downing a new boss, reaching a new goal. Sometimes I have to make those up, (like doing better dps on a boss.) And sometimes they have to be incremental especially during progression, (such as progressing a tiny bit further on a new boss.) I raid to progress, or do better, not for gear, which is why I do not want to be in a group that is too far ahead, there’s nothing left for me to enjoy. I do not care much for loot, except for it’s necessity in order to perform better, survive forever as a tank, or be as close to the top of the dps/hps as I can be. That being said, I’m not a fan of being on the bench for progression, and I strive to be the person that a group would want to be there when learning.

Deal Breakers

1. One thing that I’ve run into recently that I’ve found is a deal breaker for me. I do not do Push to talk. Maybe it’s because I’m older, and I know what I enjoy and what frustrates me. Or maybe it’s just what i’m used to. But I’ve had a long and storied practice with using voice activation. I have my voice activation set up with my headset and it’s set up very well. I raid with a closed door. I do not have kids or pets. I do not queue up unexpectedly, and the entire left ear cup of my headset is a mute button. Honestly, most people would never know that I wasn’t PTT.

That being said, I don’t have a spare keybind to use when I’m speaking at raid while still doing my rotation. At the end of the day, I’m not willing to run on a PTT enforced server. If you have a PTT discord, it is possible to make an exception for a user, and if there’s an issue, we could cross that bridge when we get there (I know there wouldn’t be).

1. Another important note is that I play specs, not classes. I understand that some people feel that should you choose a class, you should be willing to switch to any of the specs at a moments notice. I am willing to swap to some specs for the occasional fight or to, or even to swap my spec completely. but there are some specs that I am completely unwilling to play. I am typically very upfront about these very early, so that none of these potential conflicts will ever be a surprise. Wow is my primary hobby, and while I strive to perform exceptionally at every turn, I also strive to enjoy my time playing, and there are some specs that ruin this for me. The primary examples I have are Windwalker monk and Fire mage.

As a note, I understand that if I am among the lowest performers that do not bring any fight specific tools to the fight, that i will be on the chopping block for that fight. I understand that it will be my responsibility to increase my performance, and if I am unable or unwilling to do so, I will be sat. I am completely ok with this. Given my track record, it is rare that I perform less than the top 25% of the dps in a raid (and even more rare that I am the lowest healer), regardless of what spec I’m playing, or what’s optimal, so I highly doubt this situation will ever come up.

What I am not ok with is being sat because I am not playing the “optimal” spec, regardless of my performance. I also do not accept that I am unwilling to “play for the guild” or “be a team player” because I am unwilling to play a spec I dislike. I will willingly switch classes should it be required before I will play a spec I dislike. I wish to be upfront with these feelings to avoid any potential conflicts.

You may also contact Bokken#1607 in game or Phauks#4079 (discord) if that is preferable.

We have reached out to you on discord and are very eager to speak with you. You can also contact us in game, Anticlergy#1307.

bumping for the evening recruiters.

Thank you for the conversation, once again should you change your mind about 3 raids per week, please contact us, we would love to have you join us.

Good morning! If swapping to emerald Dream-alliance is a possibility, our guild junction would love to have you! We are 3/12M looking to tackle some more mythic nyalotha before prepatch hits and then progress in SL! While we arent CE, that is something we are looking to achieve once Shadowlands hits! There’s plenty to do in our guild, whether it’s pvp, mythic +, raids, transmog runs, or just socialize! I’ll post the guild info below and feel free to message me!

What you can expect from us as a guild:

• A sense of community and direction!
  • Communication!
  • Strong & passionate leadership!
  • Overall friendly environment suited for all skill levels!

Currently, the raid team is 3/12M AOTC . We are looking for more members that would like to venture into mythic raiding. More specifically, we’re looking for the following;

• any Mythic ready DPS

While we’re happy to accept anyone, these are the roles we need specifically for our raid team at the moment. Current raid times are Tuesday/Thursday 7:30p-10:30p CST (server time)

We also do the following:

• PvP (BGs and Arenas)
  • Mythic+ Pushing (+16’s and higher)
  • Achievement Runs
  • Old Raid Transmog Runs
  • Alt Levelling

How to apply:
If you would like to apply and have any further inquiries/questions, please reach out to me via BattleTag: Professoroak#1732 or Discord: Elitefourlance#5703

We appreciate your time and interest. Hope to hear from you soon!

bump still searching.

Bumping for Phauks

We’d love to have a chat with you.

You can reach out to me at any time on disc: Vero#6669

Hey Phauksi would love to talk.

I suppose friday is the best day for gold searching lol.

Howdy Phauski!

I hope this finds you well! You look like you would be a really good fit for us as we could really use a solid mage.

About us:

We are a newly formed guild on Area 52 comprised of a tight knit core of friends that have been playing together for a number of years. We bring with us a wealth of experience in various areas of the game and strong personalities to match. We have a very laid back attitude, but we all are in it to push the highest levels of content that this game has to offer. Outside of raids we are very active and enjoy pushing high m+ keys as well as doing some pvp on the side. We are looking for like minded individuals who are looking to push through heroic and into mythic raid content on a compressed schedule as we all have lives that we need to live, but are looking to be efficient with our time and have fun!

Raid Schedule:

Tuesday: 9:00 pm - 12:00 am EST

Thursday: 9:00 pm - 12:00 am EST

Expectations:

We’re looking for players who can commit to our raid schedule and who are motivated to participate in progression. We’re not just looking for people who can top the meters. Survivability, situational awareness, competency, and an ability to fit in well with the guild are also key. We also expect everyone to be able to handle constructive criticism as the guild comes before the individual.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me on bnet:

EmVe#11206

I look forward to hearing from you!

That is one heck of a post there.

Thanks I think. I put alot of effort and energy into just about everything I do, including raiding. I figure there’s no point to do something if you’re going to do it half-a**. Plus, I figure it’s better to be verbose and answer as many questions upfront as possible.

After all, this is a job interview of sorts. Some people will want someone that’s honest, upfront, verbose, and puts in a ton of work in advance, (and yes, maybe a bit arrogant as well, but hopefully not too much.) Some would rather not read a long post, or would rather have a member who’s concise and easily molded to fit their personalities.

The interview process goes both ways as well, it’s easily obvious when someone didn’t read my post :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for all the recent interest, I’m still looking for the right fit.

Bumpa for Phauks

Still searching

Bumpa for Monday recruiters.

Still looking

Let me bump to help ya find a home.

1 Like

Thanks! Appreciate the help.

Well, if u want some peeps that are laid back outside raid but serious enough to mythic raid, Sunwell Hotel on Sargeras is still looking for a few more members for its two raid teams. You can hit up any officer including myself in game.