Excuse me, is this Character Transfer an April Fools' joke?

I really didn’t understand this event that seemed both kind and malicious. The official thread was confusing and lacked clear instructions on how to transfer. I only became aware of this when I saw a YouTube video explaining how to transfer in SOD, suggested by the algorithm.

Unsurprisingly, I’m too late and can’t transfer to any realm. I know this complaint might not change anything since I’m just one small SOD player. I suspect this might be a test to see how many people are interested in transferring, possibly leading to a paid transfer service.

Even after Bobby left, things still seem the same. It feels like a Season of Depression. And I need some Depressant.

Missed your window, wait for the next one. It’s not a one and done thing.

Blizzard’s handling of this is a joke.

Apparently, Blizzard stated (on the platform formally known as Twitter, of all places) that they do not want entire guilds to transfer, and this “Limited Transfer” is for individuals who want to get off a PVP server to do so.

So yes, it is a joke. It was a good-faith joke, but still a joke.

4 Likes

turns out it wasnt Bobby’s fault afterall. Miss him yet?

Problems definitely have not been solved by the free transfers. It seems more and more players are calling for War Mode.

It’s really the only way to fix the griefing without destroying servers. So hang in there.

I mean they made a game that isnt balanced, people hate WPVP now and so many people left they had to close it instantly. Maybe just make more pve realms and let the pvp realms die honestly.

I agree this company sucks and aggrend is laughable at best. Not to mention he’s a coward and hides from this platform.

No.

Not in the least.

Yea… I will say it’s nice how much effort they’re putting into balancing PvP servers. Genuinely great job but it comes with some severe repercussions when it comes to character creation with friends who don’t start literally the moment you start as well as transfers now

Having to transfer at the exact same time as your friends is kinda wild but at the end of the day, someone has to lose and I’d pick balancing factions on PvP servers over everything.

People have been complaining about this for years and they finally did something about it. The fact that they’re offering transfers off of PvP servers is also a nice gesture. The systems aren’t perfect but I don’t think they can be in all honesty

Keep trying and good luck

Entirely your fault. Not understanding how to click a transfer window is not blizzards fault. Holy crap was is wrong with the world today?

the reason why… Microsoft is content with the way things are being handled at Bliz so they are taking a step back and letting things roll as is.

Your right. The should have told everyone to just reroll. They knew what they were getting into ona PvP server

I mean he probably would have just opened unlimited paid transfers.

What even is this logic? Who could have predicted that SOD would be a one shot fest? Who could have predicted they would funnel players all into one area to level? Who could have predicted that they would have made wPVP camping lowbies the best form of honor by killing other forms?

There was nothing forcing you to level in incursions.

You could have leveling in the open world or in dungeons just like in vanilla. And in fact if so many of the other faction were camping incursions shouldn’t that have made those options easier?

Besides you know the fact that you’d miss out on hundreds of gold and great gear by leveling else where and camping outside dungeons became a thing too because they decided to nerf STV honor for no reason.

You should have hundreds of gold coming into the phase /shrug or you can just do quests at max level(like you should have done in the last 2 phases)

And the gear is pretty meh.

1 Like

I did, but why wouldn’t I want hundreds more? Alts are a thing and the gear is good for alts, you don’t even have to worry about tons of gear grinding to get it. Plus I can still do the max level quests and get even MORE gold.

That’s life on a PVP server. It’s always been much less efficient to play on one which is one of the main reasons you couldn’t transfer to PVP from PVE.

I had no problem playing on one in Classic, but coincidentally it was faction lopsided on mine and we farmed people at flight paths the moment honor hit and people mass rage quit the other faction (Alliance) and then they all left the game, then Blizzard allowed server transfers and it was easy to farm gold after that. But all the gold grinds on PVP servers are usually in instanced content anyways. I made TONS of gold just spamming DMT runs where I wouldn’t even worry about wPVP.