Exciting Class Tuning Incoming – January 23

inc Plate tears. It’s so hard to dominate via faceroll for 8+ years!

casters finally receive a minor defensive buff and suddenly it’s the end of the world for ppl that rolled flavor of the decade classes.

if you lose rating over this as plate melee, you’re trash.

5 Likes

lock gettin some extra nice dam reduc from armor changes kek. and huge dark pacts inc. LOCK META

3 Likes

looks like more arena trash changes
looking forward to hunters doing even more damage, and sniper shot will be even better with the stam buff GG

why do plate classes need less armor? are you a melee mage?

3 Likes

Any caster complaining about melee in a BG forum is just basically saying “I’m bad.”

2 Likes

Exactly. People view fighting clothies as easy mode. Now they’ll actually have to work for their kills and they’re upset.

5 Likes

ehehuehuehueehue

lucky blessed 2 piece is back in business

2 Likes

No they don’t. In arena solo shuffle people go casters like destro lock because they take damage and can’t freecast while being tunnelled. It feels like some attempt to get people to aim at Arms Warriors in the arena meta or something, instead of tunnelling the locks.

This barely even affects casters in bgs where the main threat comes from being locked down from casting when tunnelled, not from lack of armor. But now plate will die faster in zergs to hunters and other plate. Its trashy arena solo shuffle changes.

3 Likes

Wow, these are awful changes.

3 Likes

^ Casters are fine in 1v1s against melee/plate. Everything struggles when getting focused by two or more players. Melee draws more focus in team fights due to positioning.

If they want to fix MM versus caster issues then fix that directly. Just a very strange change. This nerfs plate more than it buffs cloth.

3 Likes

Hahaha! Oops.

2 Likes

see y’all next expansion :face_holding_back_tears:

7 Likes

That’s nice, I like the stam buff. The physical damage changes are interesting.

2 Likes

Aye

I think Warlock, Guardian, and Fury all have the most %health healing for their respective roles

Stamina buff isn’t bad for Devastation either as we have an 8% amp talent

3 Likes

I think they’re trying to standardize armor across the board in PvP so it’ll be easier for them to tune physical damage in the future.

It’s hard to tune a physical damage ability that’s both OP against certain classes and weak against other classes because of significant armor differences.

2 Likes

And, you know… that would be fine if compensation for survivability was returned in some fashion for the front liners. All you have to do is think about what this does to frost DK for team fights, where they already struggle to survive.

Oh, and BTW - MM damage is not weak against plate. Not in a BG, anyway.

5 Likes

I’m hyped for the holy priest sanctify buff :smiley:

Full aoe talented Hpriest is fun to play in AV

3 Likes

Yeah, the % based stamina buff definatly helps specs with already large health pools and % based self heals and other healthpool reliant defensives quite a bit, even more so if they wear cloth to get the armor value boost.

2 Likes

Plate wearers will be required to hard focus damage and CC on physical damage dealers or die. Changes what targets are priority some for sure. Blessing of Spellwarding just lost its pvp talent spot to nearly anything else since using it puts Blessing of Protection on CD for 4 or 5 min depending on talents chosen. And BoP will be completly manditory with its CD reduction if physical damage is in a lobby.

1 Like

I can see their aim with these changes, but a number of them are poorly thought out. The armor changes are going to be crazy. Mages were the only clothies that were actually squishy, and warriors and DKs weren’t super tanky as is.

I also don’t understand why there aren’t nerfs to some of the top specs in the game like DH and buffs to some of the worst specs in the game like enhance or fire.

3 Likes

The changes make them stronger.

1 Like