Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION

Hey all. For the past couple of days I have been consistently getting this game crash:

Program: D:\World of Warcraft/retail\Wow.exe
Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION - The Instruction at '0x00007ff69d48d0df" referenced memory at '0xfffffffffffffffff".
The memory could not be “read”.
ProcessID: 49968
ThreadID: 3324

I have tried just about everything:

1. Verifying and Repairing.
  2. Uninstalling and Installing (Game was also a fresh install previously)
  3. Turning XMP off and on (Game crashes either way)
  4. All drivers are updated.
  5. SFW /scannow in CMD.
  6. Installing the game on a different SSD.
  7. Uninstalling and re-installing all addons and doing a complete UI reset.

I’m at a loss. In game support ticket was useless. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached is my DXdiag. I would attach a screenshot of the crash error but they have made that impossible.

Report ID: 6E95D55B-1311-4489-BB22-EFAE27F68022

Scroll to the bottom of your report and you’ll see the error reporting section. Each app mentioned in that area may be the cause of the issue (iCUEDevicePluginHost.exe, smartscreen.exe, Aac3572MbHal_x86.exe). Otherwise, it might be related to your 13th gen processor.

2 Likes

I will try adjusting my BIOS settings for my CPU and get back to you. It isn’t just WoW that has crashed as a result of memory not being able to be read. Turning on XMP in my BIOS seems to have helped significantly.

I feel as though my extra addons are increasing the memory usage of WoW and causing the crash through the CPU?

Highly doubt some addons are crashing an i9-13900K.

I have applied these settings to my CPU in my BIOS.

PL1 (Long Term Turbo Power Limit) - 125

PL2 (Short Term Turbo Power Limit) - 253

ICC(CPU Core/Cache Current Limit) - 307

Unfortunately I cannot test these settings for a potential crash for a day or two.

I will get back to you if it managed to fix my crashes. Thank you.

Did you ever find a fix for this issue? I’m at my wits end with it personally.

I have been having this issue too… hopefully blizz figures out what is up because I dont really think its on our end… I have tried everything others have suggested and still get the same crashes… I think the last patch or hotfix after the patch broke something since I`ve never had an issue like this before. All my other games run fine just retail wow crashes…