Exact lore reason for why magni isnt forced to use titan's grip

Magni gets to use two one handed weapons while the rest of the warriors are forced into using titan’s grip. I need the exact lore reason for this and also an explanation as to why he wont teach the class that is supposed to be a master at arms how to use two one handed weapons.

11 Likes

Removing single minded fury makes me mad to this day bro.

But cant you technically still wield the one handed weapons? you just can’t really use any of your abilities with them, right?

I mean, technically you can, you just cant transmog your 2h to 1h even though they use the same animations and you cant use any skill with 1h weapons. It’s like the removal of glad stance and the big crap blizz took on warriors in legion with that trash hall.

4 Likes

Why doesn’t Thoras have to dual wield?

I like that Anduin called Magni a Mountain King. That was interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed using the MK in WC 3, so seeing it mentioned in such a prominent and significant way was cool.

I wonder. Did he become more of a Shaman though? He talks to the planet. His whole Diamond transformation process heralded playable Dwarf Shaman.

I am not sure if he is technically a Shaman or a Warrior or something new now.

2 Likes

lore characters are not restricted by game mechanics.

7 Likes

You want the lore reason? It looks cool that way.

And that’s partially why they are so overpowered.

Magni, like all people with sense, knows that WoW’s overscaled weapons look very silly in many situations and Titan’s Grip magnifies this effect many times over.

Fury warriors, being frothing berserkers, have limited aesthetic sense.

The lore explanation is that Magni isn’t actually a Warrior anymore… but I’m getting ahead of myself.

In Legion, Enhancement Shaman’s unique Maelstrom design was removed, and instead replaced with a clone of the Warrior ragebuilding class.

Magni, like many other Warrior mains, changed to become a Shaman - represented by his ability to hear Azeroth cry out in pain.

Likewise, Thrall, a former Enhancement Shaman main, unsubbed because the class he used to play got removed from the game, which is why we haven’t seen much of him.

4 Likes

I miss SMF… Wish they would at least let us Mog 1handers.

As for a Lore Reason? Magic?

We’ll go with Magic.

Magni can do it because he was frozen in diamond with the talent active; the diamond shielded him from any incoming talent changes and thus he remains a wotlk / cata era warrior.

I’m more impressed with his determination to scatter the mobs every time my mage tries to drop a meteor on the group.

he’s not a warrior, he’s a mountain king, unavailible for players class.

Also way cooler thunderclap.

Nazgrim in SoO still gets to use the stances warriors had until Legion got rid of them for good.

I demand that blizzard redesigns his encounter to match modern times!

Have you checked his DPS? Magni just doesn’t care and equips one-handers for vanity reasons

Magni does so much heroic leaping in his scenarios that there’s no way he is a shaman now!

OP is asking them REAL questions that need to be heard by the lore team!

2 Likes

I have a hard time believing anyone would main change to Enh Shaman lol.

Thrall made the wronge choice. Should have respec into Ele like his supposed name sake instead of regrinding his HoA into a new class.

I will never abandon Enhancement Shaman. I don’t care how bad it is. I’m not spamming frigging lava burst and lightning bolts while wearing a dorky shield.

1 Like

RIP Gladiator Stance, you made playing prot fun.

2 Likes

“We’d rather you not play Enhancement.” -Ion on the state of Enh Shamans, probably.

3 Likes