Evokers that were created prior to pre-patch set from level 58 to 10

I created several evokers as placeholders prior to the pre-patch today. I had not hopped on to level any of them since I knew that the pre-patch would make leveling them from 58 to 70 faster. Unfortunately when I logged in I found that all of those evokers had been set to level 10. That is very upsetting because I hadn’t intended to level them from 10 to 58.

Same issue here. I was planning on leveling on a different server and mine was reverted to lvl 10…

Not only that I used a boost on a different realm to make it and now its level 10!

So on top of the level drop it also wasted a paid character boost

1 Like

Same issue here.

Did you log in after you created the character? I made a level 58 Evoker, logged in, watched the cinematic, accepted the first popup quest, and then logged out. He is still level 58. I’m pretty sure the character isn’t fully “created” until you log in the first time.

4 Likes

Same issue. 2 evokers of mine were previously level 58, now they’re level 10. No warning or anything that this would happen. Not fun.

That’s what I thought initially. My gf and I had made one evoker each when DF came out but we never got around to level them. After pre-patch hit, mine was downgraded to level 10 but hers stood at 58. I thought it was because she had logged in, maybe to send bags to it, but yesterday she logged in and got the cutscene plus the first quest, and her bags are the default with 0 gold (she always sends some gold to alts starting out); so she definitely did not log in before pre-patch hit, but her level stayed at 58 whereas mine (who I also never logged into it) got downgraded to 10.

Had we known this was going to happen we would of course log into them and do some quests. The release notes say nothing of this, only:

Evokers now start at level 10 (was level 58) and the one-Evoker-per-realm restriction has been removed.

I opened a ticket but I gather it’s going to be some time before they can get to it.

Same thing happened to me. I made a dracthyr a month or so ago, but hadn’t started leveling because I was working on the World Awoken achievements. Now it’s level 10.

Just got a reply to my ticket:

Currently, we are aware of an issue where Dracthyr Evokers created before the War Within pre-patch were reduced to level 10, which was not intended. Our developers are working diligently to address this and restore your character to the correct level.

So I guess now we wait.

2 Likes

I had a similar issue and am also waiting on a response. Let’s hope they fix this bug soon so that we can play our evokers.

This also happened if you made a Demon Hunter before they changed scaling and you didn’t log in; they went from starting at 98 to being level 10 if you hadn’t logged in. I don’t see this getting reverted.

I had no idea the dracthyr I rolled was going to be downleveled. I guess that downleveling our characters without prior knowledge could very well be part of the glorious future of wow.

That’s hilarious.

Deserved, though.