Evokers are really going to be truly OP

We have had access to the class for less than 24 hours. It’s entirely too early to say.

1 Like

as long as HPals are also OP I’m fine.

1 Like

I think Feral wishes it had AoE or cleave components for their offensive abilities.

Death Knights had a big advantage at their release and kept having advantages ever since. They still have the ability if played properly to heal and stay alive and do a ton of damage at the same time. They still are OP and never were not OP. DH never caused me any real problems because there were other classes that were more annoying and OP if they had good gear that had some sort of advantage that made anything a DH ever has done to me not phase me as being anything new or give me a reason to ever level one when that is the one thing I don’t have at max level, and Evoker. I’ve definitely been bent over and owned by a lot of demon hunters and never had a chance, but that was just that thing they could do sometimes and they weren’t hard to get around and never gave me that “damn they have a DH we’re probably screwed.” impression before battle. I could manage with them, when it was DK’s it was only fair when I was playing a DK. I had to join them and It was great to join them. I’m liking evoker but hate the dragon form and can’t play dps and hate that I don’t auto drop the dragon form when I cast a spell that triggers that form and It’s not like the human form is helping when I’m horde, but they can be made to look pretty cool so that’s cool. That dragon form is a lizard who is playing dress up with wings and has managed to stand on two feet. It’s the least threatening dragon in the game ever and it is really hard to vibe with. I can’t play dps if I’m stuck with that thing. It’s too ridiculous to get with I’d just end up logging off it has never felt like I was playing something that had merit to any sort of cool or dope or hardcore creature like dragons are usually supposed to associate with. I can’t with the way that dragon looks. I need a glyph.

Def not going to be fun to die to a character that looks like an animated toy for a toddler, but whatever, worse things have happened. Feral druids have always been unpredictable. If the feral knew how to play then they were OP and in MoP they were OP just because they were feral and if they were losing a fight they could dash off and go stealth by the time you could find them to finish the fight. They could just dip out if they didn’t want to lose a fight and win a fight if you didn’t use defenses properly or just got the best of you.

Id rather take on a demon hunter than a random feral druid in a 1v1 if I was given a choice. They could be really good at avoiding death via bursts and being able to flee and make people have to stun chain them and take them out because they can move fast with short CD’s and they have a ton of instant casts. But if they become hard to lock down to the point we can’t catch up to one and stay in range long enough to actually kill the thing then people will cry on forums and blizzard will nurf or buff things. They seem like good runners and have a lot of advantages that other classes don’t have, they have a good ability that helps them and that ability has a heal with it and that heal can heal for more than it says it will, they can crit on a HoT and that extends the ability by 1.7 seconds. They have a racial buffing mastery so stacking crit isn’t going to be as taxing as it could be. They don’t seem to have very strong heals that you don’t have to build up to and can be interrupted on their big heal. They can be strong with HoTs and they can be mobile casters which is always something that will always be OP but they seem built more for PvE healing and they would have a big advantage if they could be high dps casters that can stay away from melee long enough to not be killed by one person. Even if they nurf them that will always be something that is going to suck. They don’t seem like they would be much more OP than a fire mage has been in a prior xpack but they have a lot of damage reduction and they don’t have long cd’s but when they have become something we are all used to I don’t think they are going to hold onto having a pure OP upper advantage in PvP combat that isn’t able to be worked around like how I’ve never had many issues with DH class and they never were fun enough to start playing and they were never OP enough to hold the upper hand on a lot of fronts like DK’s had.

I guess we find out soon if they made one real OP hero class that makes sense to be called a hero class or if they managed to make two. Because a DH was only a problem if you got stuck locked up and subjected to their burst as they hit a few spells to kill you but they aren’t hard to kill and if they get away from you they can’t heal, res, or hurt you so they have to come back into range where you can try to avoid being locked into their burst or stuck in one of their cheap abilities they have had at random times like that airborne thing that got nurfed, they couldn’t hold the upper hand without relying on CD’s and their mobility only caused problems in how fast they can get to the other base with the flag and avoid melee combat to keep the flag but they couldn’t keep that up forever. They had poor combat sustainability and didn’t have mutli advantages other than being a consistently good flag holder and it was never a good thing to have a DH point and shoot when you are stun locked. They weren’t a good hero class that had these really good perks and offered something different to the game.

They couldn’t even hold my interest long enough for me to get far enough with one to take advantage of their advantages that were face roll.
If evoker can do what it looks like it can do and more at 70 and have the ability to avoid fatality and have mobility and do high dmg and have good heals in PvP too they will have a lot of strengths and can potentially maintain the upper hand in combat how a DK was able to do and where DH failed to have. If they are fun to play as well where DH had people taking passes on them and would not really play their DH often, then that would be good.
I just want to see the evoker turn into something fun and new. Been waiting for a class to come up that is fun and new I just hope that the dragon form doesn’t have to stay mandatory.

It’s not the year of the dragon though, its the year of barbie: Lizard edition. Blizzard had to make them weird and feel weird to play and I can’t look at one yet and see something that isn’t just weird and ugly and feels like it’s out of place.

Hoping it’s better than the DH’s. It has zero potential to hold a candle to DK’s upon release and how they have always been OP throughout all the years they have existed. Evoker isn’t anywhere near as dominant as a DK was at release.

1 Like

Lol, unfortunately that wont even happen for like a week just to re-live something like that.

They were a whole different company back then and they justified that. But at least people could join them by making a DK and have fun taking advantage of the situation.