Evokers are really going to be truly OP

I fully expect Evokers to be over powered on release but I’ll be surprised if Blizzard is foolish enough to do a repeat of Death Knights or Demon Hunters where they absolutely dominate uninterrupted for a whole expansion before they reign them in.

1 Like

cooldown reduction of movement abilites specific though. Not sure thats as good as you think.

Yuck meh-gic classes

They’ll get the nerf bat relax. I dont think blizzard will do a DK 2.0. It would not be a good design for the current state of the game. DH’s werent even that good on release either they were on par.

i still have part of a 2 key embeded in my brow from dk’s on release

1 Like

This is also day 1 of alpha.

As they address in the section about other classes:

But this guy doesnt know

The blue side of the talent tree looks fun

Blizzard will never, ever repeat what happened at DK launch lmao

1 Like

On the contrary, the abilities are all very intuitive and flow pretty easily into different scenarios. That kind of simplicity will make tuning them pretty easy. Lack of borrowed power means no exploitable builds. I think they might end up being a class with a narrow band between best and worst output, but i suspect they’ll be pretty well balanced.

Usually, what makes specs overpowered is these stacking augmentations. If I were a fortune teller, I’d say evoker damage will be mediocre most of the time, but very strong on super big pulls. If your tank can stack 8 mobs on every pull, you’ll do great.

1 Like

On second thought, after watching this, with a good many of their abilities requiring you to stand stationary and target ( think DK death and decay) these guys are going to be fodder in pvp, especially arena with it’s fast paced gameplay.

Saturn is Gatorade

1 Like

Of course they’ll be OP, to get people to play them. Then they’ll get nerfed later on.

The new expansion class is always OP, see DK and DH.

I will confess I think they might have a bit too many tools in the utility department.

Perhaps this is personal envy but a lot of their utility kit overlaps with that of Druid. Group movement, Disease/Poison dispel, AoE root, AoE pseudo interrupt, a knockback, a hard CC with a short CD, a healer mana refund, AoE Soothe even and they bring even more utility beyond that the Druids don’t bring. It’s hard to find any non-brez utility from Druids that Evokers don’t also have some means of accessing. Given that Druids are already one of the most utility-heavy classes I do start to question if Evokers perhaps have a bit too much. I’ll reserve judgement until people have a bit more hands-on experience with the alpha though. But it’s something I’m keeping an eye on.

Yeah that’s what Blizz is going to do. Nerf their new class right into the dirt before the xpac even launches, that’ll surely get people hyped to play it LMAO. Great take

Overall that’s not even that good of a good kit :joy:

You’re reeing about a conal aimed aoe root???

Aoe DR is good and movement reduction are good, that means you’ll need to bring one to the raid. By no means does that mean they’ll be busted.

The only thing that matters is how Blizzard tunes their damage. If it’s super high you’ll bring more to the raid, if it’s medium or low you’ll probably bring only one.

Their kit beats out my shadow priest…

Well geez since their kit is better than one other specs I guess the whole game should be shut down