Evoker: The Deaths of Chromie

It seems Evoker can not do “The Deaths of Chromie”. I am able to pick up the quest from Image of Chromie in Dalaran, but not able to turn it into Chromie in Dragonblight. I’m able to do those quests on any other class excluding Evoker.

3 Likes

I’m also getting this issue, I don’t know if its true or not but I did some reading and supposedly this bug is do to the main quest that opens up the deaths of Chromie scenario being tied into a certain stage of a character’s class hall progression, Which makes it impossible to unlock the quest since Dracthyr Evokers don’t have a class hall questline to complete to reach its required goal for the unlocking process.

1 Like

+1 here, I read it was tied to the Legendary Weapon, which we don’t have being Evokers. Can we please get a work around this? <3

1 Like

They really can’t lock Evokers out of this content forever, it’s completely unfair to players picking up the game making it their main. There needs to be some kind of cursory Class Hall workaround beyond the map in the Violet Hold. Just automatically give them the few Class Hall achievements there are. I doubt anyone would care.

1 Like

Unfortunately even after many other missing questlines had been fixed for the Dracthyr this scenario still remains missing for them.

This is one where I wonder if they even will. But given that the title awarded (Timelord) is perhaps the MOST fitting for an Evoker, that would be very unfortunate. Yes, yes, I know you can make another character and get it. That has never been the case previously for any other class. Unfortunately, we know the thing that unlocks the quest is tied to the Class Hall (though I’ll be damned if I know why that’s the case, as it seems completely arbitrary). Thus, there may not be a fix.

Frankly, the more I think about it, the more I believe there actually SHOULD have been a Class Hall for Evokers. It’s not like time-travel and alternate universes aren’t already a core lore AND gameplay mechanic. It didn’t have to be anything spectacular. But the lack of one is basically the source of all Evoker bugs in Legion.

I was kind of thinking that as well, I figure they could use Chromie as the quest giver and do a preserve the timeline campaign that has you go through all the locations of all other class artifact weapon collection spots and fighting off infinite dragonflight enemies. This would allow them super ease in making the class hall and campaign in such a short time. I was thinking have it be our Evoker class campaign is just us placing the artifacts where the other classes found them, Then just have a brief animation where we go stealth and the proper enemies show up with random unnamed hero of each class show up to retrieve the artifacts. I believe that would then make it easy to add the unlock point for the Chromie scenario questline.

The Bronze Dragonflight angle is always there for the taking if they want to. I just doubt they will.

I dont understand why they didnt just make an evoker class hall with random named npcs an Artifact weapon with a repeat apperance or something. Pretty simple to do… Could even be a bronze dragon order hall. “Hero lets go back in time and see how your friends handled the burning legion”

This is still unfortunately an issue. I picked up the quest today and although Chromie has a glowing outline in Wyrmrest Temple as if she’s ready to speak to me, there is no dialogue option available outside of her greeting. I am planning on checking again after the expansion releases, but hopefully this is fixed sooner rather than later.

Still an issue as of 12/14/22

1 Like

happy new year!

this is still bugged.

my friend told me about this today since i told him i was farming the tw for the mount while obtaining enough tw badges for both mounts. he said there was some tree for tw or something and you could get more badges with it. i’m glad i checked here only to find i can’t do it after all.
thanks blizz!

still nothing. i was gonna do it today

I didnt know this was a bug but I do deaths of chromie with no isse, the only thing i can think is that I did farm my fishing pole?